Zwift Launcher v1.1.1 for Windows [January 2022]

I see. When i start Edge then have received the same error. I have updated Edge and restart computer, now Edge works normally. But Zwift louncher - not :frowning:

Now try downloading Zwift and reinstall

Use these instructions: Re-Installing Zwift

This worked for my issue with the app minimizing after about 3 seconds of screen time. Make sure the rest of your computer is up to date to by going into Settings>Update.

1 Like

Waiting for full update, but launcher issue on her place :frowning:

I thinking about Symantec now. Very long time this computer hasnt sync with corporate domain, may be just need update Symantec software for fix a problem.

The similar case :frowning:

for multiple users of the app, you used to be able to toggle between users/usernames and passwords would automatically load, now we have to type the username and password in each time, anyone else seeing this or know a fix (Windows 10)

Try this one.

thanks, tried to make this work but its too complicated for me and nothing is working. Would love Zwift to fix what they broke

Just saw this, my response: of course not. But there still is a root cause/problem here. Which there are two workarounds: GeForce package, or OBS (the simpler less resource hog). My guess is it’s something to do with hidden surface removal, as one can see background imaging thru the avatar’s body. It’s a pretty specific problem, that the only so-called flicker is with the current rider’s avatar. Let me know if I can provide additional details, log files, and observations to help solve it.

It’s a wider problem than that I think, since it also mucks up vsync and frame pacing leading to horrendous stutter. The avatar flickering is actually the lesser of the two problems in my opinion, but it’s the only one that can easily be seen on videos etc which is why it’s focussed on. The stutter needs to be seen in person, but it makes the game massively less smooth. This is particularly noticeable if you’ve been using Zwift with adaptive sync for a long time, as I have.

1 Like

Indeed. I’ve begged Zwift to let me give them more info, and in fact, become a Beta tester. My time is free for them. I also read that Steve Clogg (sp?) was helpful in the workarounds, as well. I need to give him a shout out on the next ride.
We certainly have come a long way, with these GeForce cards, from when I started in graphics in '82 on the Ikonas RDS 3000. :wink:

2 Likes

Since this update, none of my computers are storing the sign on passwords

It’s because of the new launcher, which is based on Edge instead of IE.

But storing passwords in your browser is highly insecure. Use a proper password manager and then you can easily use much more secure passwords over various devices running different operating systems.

Many thanks for that, I’ll try the manager in my Norton

hi, have you solve this issue?

Hi @Syazmi_Salleh

Welcome to the forum.

What issue are you facing.

i have been away from Zwift for the past few months due to injury. today I want to start again and upon login to ZWIFT ask me to update…

now I’m stuck with a

compatibility issue message

Hello together,

this is my first post to the forum. I hope I’ve chosen the right thread?
I have an issue while using two accounts on one windows system which I wrote many times to the support in the last two years but no success. Now I try the forum:
Why you can select a user on the tablet by one mouseclick of one of the configured accounts but on windows you have to change the account with many clicks? Please make that access more comfortable.
And the last update makes the switch even more frustrating. Now we have to enter the account password every time. This is a big drawback of the new version.
Furthermore the heartrate belt is not selected automatic when changing the account. It would be very nice if the zwift app would remember two sensors.

Thank you,
Stephan

yes! Me.
This seems to be a big drawback.
On tablets you can switch accounts by one click of two preconfigured buttons.
I don’t know why this it such a big problem. I wrote this issues many times to the support but I had no success.

best regards,
Stephan

Hi @Syazmi_Salleh

The error message notes that “a program that is out-of-date.” This probably means that some Windows10 components are out of date

1. Please run Windows Update first. You may need to do several rounds if you’ve disabled automatic Microsoft updates.
  2. Reboot.
  3. I’d recommend you uninstall Zwift completely, then reinstall. Before you do - you want to move your custom workout and personal best files out of harm’s way. Complete step by step instructions are here.
  4. As you install Zwift - you will be prompted to install specific Microsoft components that Zwift needs. Say yes to all the prompts, particularly the one called Webview2.

Would you try all those steps and let us know if it worked? Thanks!

2 Likes