Zwift is a mess these days

FYI they are triaging your many threads on bugs. I’ll try and get you an update later on about the bugs we’ve been ignoring.

1 Like

Yesterday I was directed to a Twitter thread where someone owns an AppleTV (for Zwift) and no other apple products at all. The TV was showing a message that said that they needed to ‘Accept the Terms and Conditions’ of iCloud by logging into another Apple device other than their TV. And here I thought that the awfulness of the mouse was the only AppleTV issue :smiley:

I remember the days of using jumpers to select memory map ranges or I/O port addresses. Unfortunately I’m old enough to remember switching RAM address ranges and using undocumented ML opcodes for the Commodore 64’s 6510 CPU (that the game publishers used to use in their copy protection schemes).

2 Likes

Mmmmmm, don’t remember anything like that (though has been over 2 years since I set it up) :thinking:. My ATV is also Zwift-dedicated and I don’t own any other Apple products.

1 Like
1 Like

I think its fair to level some criticism on Zwift for the continued lack of fixing legacy bugs and for the new (and old) ones that keep coming up.

But I have to give them some credit, as since they dumped their bike plans, it feels to me, they are more in tune with progressing the platform, instead of chasing hardware sales.

But sometimes they really make me wonder, with the continued push for ‘new’ features (ones that have never been asked for…) while old features break, and user requests (with many votes) just seem to get ignored.

2 Likes

We’re not ignoring them - there’s so much we can do at one time and we prioritiise what we can do. They are not ignored.

5 Likes

Thanks James, I would really appreciate that. Its honestly hard for me to hold out much hope at this point that any of them will be fixed but I do appreciate you at least making an effort on this, even if its out of your control to a certain extent whether development team actually follow through on any of them. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply, its something that has been really lacking in the past so its much appreciated.

Some of them have already. I’ll try to find the document…

Workout portals cropped - fixed
Workout portals spawning - fixed

I’ll try and get some more info on the others but it might take a bit of time as a lot of our QA is dedicated to Scotland (as you might expect) right now.

2 Likes

Genuinely - amazing! Thank you!! :heart_eyes:

Hi James,
are you able to say when 1.33/ Scotland might drop ?
cheers :slight_smile:

Afraid not quite yet, but I promise you won’t have too long to wait.

2 Likes

Not for me

Maybe “fixed pending release”?

2 Likes

Hopefully

That’s how I interpreted it.

Yes ditto, I read this as “fixed in code and will be released shortly” :slight_smile: Great to see some progress on these :slight_smile:

Hi.
That’s a great shame. I cycle and run using zwift. All working perfectly fine. Only issues I’ve ever had is my Wi-Fi dropping out. Hope you can find a remedy. All the best

Still not fixed

from today - everything is updated to the latest version.

I’m pretty sure it is the heat rays that are blocking the portals.