Zwift freezing during ride

HI

I am using Zwift on a macbook which is a few years old and towards your lower end of the system requirements.

I have only started using Zwift but on the few rides that I have done it keeps freezing coming up to the turns or it seems if there is a lot of other riders around. over my last ride I had a recorded time of 54 mins but i had started my fitbit timer on this ride and had been pedaling 10 mins longer than my saved time.

Would this be a problem with zwift or my laptop. I did not loose internet connection at anytime. the only option to upgrade spec on my macbook is the memory to 8GB from 4 but not sure how much of a difference this will make?

It sounds like your MacBook’s GPU (graphics processor) is unable to keep up with Zwift, or is overheating, and freezing up.

What are the specs of your MacBook?

If you open Activity Monitor while you’re running Zwift, do you see a rise in heat, CPU or other processes that could wedge the system?

hi

processor is 2.5 Ghz intel core i5

4GB memory

graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have latest updates to Mac OS installed and plenty of hard drive space. I only have Zwift running on its own when using it so no other programs to slow it done.