Zwift did not sync, unable to download file ios or macos

Did iOS ride. Saved. Activity shows on zwift. Did come up on iOS as interrupted activity. Chose not to continue activity then started a new one. Closed out of that.

Activity still shows on iOS and zwift. There is no gear icon on either safari or firefox. When I try to email from iOS the file comes up in the email format, but the send icon is grayed out and does not work.

I get the usual bug, but I have tried to download this file three different ways. Aside from the fact I have autosync to Strava. What gives?

It shows “Activity details could not be loaded” and no ride data is available to view (map, performance etc) when viewing on Companion App which is indicative of a corrupt activity data (probably network issue) all resulting in a bad fit file.

That doesn’t show on my companion app but ok. All other details are loaded. I will just manually create it but there is definitely a bug. I have a fiber connection and hard wired network to the device, not a network issue. Have uploaded hundreds of files, this is a first.

FYI

And as I said, that doesn’t show on my companion app. It simply doesn’t show the map or performance data. There was no indication of any issue whatsoever during. ATV and both apps are up to date.

This is just for posterity. Unless it happens again.

For posterity, I had read what you typed earlier, and trying to helpful.

Hi @Ken_Hoevelkamp
Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Would you clarify a few followup questions?
I want to be sure your issue is that your activities are not saving to Strava specifically, please confirm?

If that’s the case - occasionally, there are disruptions between Zwift servers and Strava servers where activities don’t sync. When that happens - a lot of people will let us know on this forum within minutes. In isolated cases - it might be fixed by disconnecting Strava from from your Zwift account, and re-connecting. Here’s detailed instructions.

I looked at your server logs your last log in was yesterday May 24 from an iPhone and an AppleTV. As noted, both were running the latest game version (although v1.25.2 subsequently released today FYI).

Yesterday - there are three instances when you logged in from the iPhone, but no coresponding log outs were recorded. The expected thing is to exit by saving (or trashing) the session. Did the app hang or crash? Or did you just force close the app?

Also on May 24 - there are two sessions that you did save correctly - but there was no actual running or riding distance recorded for either session. Are you aware that there are minimum distances of 2km for a ride / 0.8 km for a run in order for them to save to your Activity history?

The last session I see that meets those minimums is on May 23, a 5.5 mile ride on Flatland Loop.

1. Does that show up correctly in your zwit.com/feed webpage
  2. Are you able to download the FIT file from that activity following these instructions?

No, not the Strava sync, I disconnected and reconnected that in the last couple weeks.

I did save the May 24 session (1hr bike) on my phone, normal save. When I went to re-open Zwift it said that my previous session had not ended. I then chose the not-continue option. I suppose that it did not save and I didn’t notice. Then when I re-opened the app it then asked if I wanted to continue the session.

The other logins were just me trying to figure out if I had succesfully closed it out.

@Ken_Hoevelkamp
Not the Strava sync. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did it look like this?

This is something that you might see on mobile OS platforms if your previous session did not terminate using the usual save & upload exit flow.

It’s also likely that the activity feed glitches you saw are related to having sessions that didn’t terminate the usual way. Now that you’re aware - would you you try a couple more sessions over the next week, then loop back to let us know if it’s still happening?

Yes, that was the screen.

It did not happen today.

I have to assume the session did not terminate on my home network, then by the time I closed it on a cellular network there was a problem with the file.

Appreciate the follow up. I’ll let you know if it happens again but I doubt it unless I purposefully leave an open session then close later. Could do that for troubleshooting if you wanted.

@Ken_Hoevelkamp
Not the Strava sync. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ken Hoevelkamp:

When I went to re-open Zwift it said that my previous session had not ended

Did it look like this?

This is something that you might see on mobile OS platforms if your previous session did not terminate using the usual save & upload exit flow.

It’s also likely that the activity feed glitches you saw are related to having sessions that didn’t terminate the usual way. Now that you’re aware - would you you try a couple more sessions over the next week, then loop back to let us know if it’s still happening?

1 Like