Zwift companion priorities?

The Companion app for iOS needs some love. Some misfeatures I have noted and sent to Zwift tech support and they suggest I post them here:

• I’d like to be able to start and stop rides from it, but mostly stop a ride without having to go to the laptop and do it.

• I’d like the watts or w/kg to be the same on both screens, the full Zwift screen and the companion. Right now only the Companion switches. The Zwift app is just watts. For w/kg is more useful, and fluctuates less.

• The Ride On counter doesn’t seem to work…I think I gave out 30 just today but I have yet to get the Award for giving them out. If that isn’t counted, what else is being missed? I finally saw it work a week or so ago but c’mon.

• I would like to see distance to the summit on rides so I can decide it I want to push on or call it a day. On Ventour summit there are plenty of places to put signs with this into (some fan viewing areas, a couple of chateaux). So why not add them?

• The U-turn feature doesn’t work. About which…

• I would still like to see more random drop-ins in the Surprise me mode…or be able to choose a KOM or the desert flats environment (I am partial to it) rather than being spawned into the same spot. If I drop into Watopia I end up downtown, with no options other than to follow the options from there. If I drop into France in “surprise me” mode I am approaching the Ventour summit climb with no turn off other than a U-turn (which worked once because I was in the full Zwift app). None of these are surprising at all after the first time.

I have managed to workaround the connectivity/pairing issues with the watchOS app but it took a few weeks, almost 3 months to sort out reliably. But these other issues aren’t addressed by a precise schedule of when devices are active and apps opened.

I’ve never had any problems with u-turn on the iOS ZCA. Are you holding the button down long enough? Are you going at least 6 km/h?

1 Like

If you are using the thumb button, this doesn’t actually give out a ride on, it does an audio one. You need to click the circle around you on the map to give them out to those around you. Yes it’s dumb.

3 Likes

I’m also using a Windows system that’s actually on another floor (Chrome casting to tv). Would be great if the companion app allowed to start activities.

Doesn’t the stop button end a ride? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Same as with the u-turn: you need to hold the button

Vote this thread up, if you would: Companion App UI cleanup: DELETE BUTTONS

Looks like it is closed.