Zwift cant find BLE Stages PM. Tried everything! Argh!!
Hey folks, as the title suggests…I’m having a hard time getting my Zwift App to find my BLE signal from the Stages PM.
- I’m running Zwift on Windows, and my phone is Android.
- I’m pairing through the app, not directly from the PC.
- The stages PM is discoverable by the phone when i use the Stages PM app (strictly for testing, to calibrate, etc.)
- The stages PM shows up in my list of available Bluetooth devices on my phone, but again, im not pairing from here…i am using the Zwift app.
- My phone pairs with the game correctly…as i can see the ringing phone/Bluetooth icon on the pairing screen which indicates the game is connected to the app.
But when i click to search for a power meter…nothing shows up.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far to troubleshoot:
1.) Made sure all other WiFi/ BLE signals nearby were off.
2.) Replaced the battery on my Stages PM.
3.) Made sure the phone doesn’t have too many paired devices (other devices ive used in the past)
4.) Made sure the firmware in the Stages PM and the Zwift app are up to date.
5.) Ive tried this in different houses with different Wifi settings …there is no additional security except a standard WPA security password to connect to the internet.
And like i said, the app on the phone and the game on the PC connect just fine via WiFi. Its just the damn Stages PM that cant be found in the pairing screen in the game!!
The whole point I’m trying this BLE connection is because the ANT+ signal from Stages keeps dropping on the Zwift app. Its highly annoying. I don’t want to purchase a 10 ft long USB cable and place it under my bottom bracket where all my sweat goes and risk someone tripping on the cable.
Im frustrated. Please help!