Zwift and Polar products environment

I am new to Zwift, through Tacx Flux S Smart. I am on Polar environment with V800 and V650. I mainly use PolarFlow app to track activities and recovery time.
Is there a way, and if yes, what is the most efficient way, to track my working/training datas from Zwift to Polar? Please help.

With Polar…good luck!

FYI - asked Polar for possibility to upload to Polar Flow, got no answer.
But - just to know - is it possible in Garmin?

No, Garmin will not upload Zwift rides to Polar. Garmin will only upload activities to 3rd party’s only if it originated on a Garmin device.

Does Polar communicate/link with Strava? You could have ride automatically uploaded to Strava and then Strava could upload them to Polar.

1 Like

Sounds like better option so far. Thanks.

Hi Paul,
thanks for your answer.

First - my question for Garmin was an reaction to Jonathan’s “With Polar…good luck”; I really hate answers like this in the forum. So my question should be “can I upload activities from others (Polar, Zwift) to Garmin environment?”

Second - yes, all my activities are linked to Strava, but I did not find an option to link Strava with Polar Flow in the other direction.

Will take a look at it, if I find a solution I will write in the forum.

Thanks, ride on!

Milan

Update - there is an Android app SyncMyTracks.

Tested the free version - export from Strava, import to PolarFlow - yes, it works!
Free version takes just the last activity, but the apps costs 2,90 Euros - and it should really sync your data automatically, or you can select manually which activities to use.
Are there any users, who bought and use the app? It would be worth the money, if everything works as they promise!

Attention when using - I linked my PolarFlow with Strava and TrainingPeaks; after the import with SyncMyTracks sent Polar the “new” activity to both and I had to delete manually… so you should (temporary) break the links in Polar when importing.

Milan- My good luck comment was because Polar has done things there own way for years and doesn’t play nice with others. I’m sure there are 3rd party apps out there willing to collect your money to pick up where Polar fails their customers but really the best idea would be to stay away from polar (and similar isolationist companies).

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,
if someone here asks for help is a “good luck with…” answer not helpful.

The topics support for customers and isolationist companies - would be a very long story. But I am afraid it is an common issue in our time of using everything for a short time, throwing it away and buying a new one :slightly_frowning_face:.

For this solution is no support necessary.

Just a question - what is your alternative to Polar?

Garmin and Wahoo both have pros and cons but their ecosystems seem to be an improvement from Polar. When I worked for TrainingPeaks there was a lot of request for polar support but was nearly impossible because of the limited functionality of the polar devices and softwares.

I was a Polar user from the early 90’s. Recently been using a Polar RC3 watch which are still available new from certain retailers. Quite happily using Polar Personal Trainer to log my training until Polar introduced their Polar Flow software which won’t support my RC3 - Polar announced that the Personal Trainer support to be withdrawn ! Contacted Polar and received the following reply " Thank you for contacting Polar Customer Care. There are currently no plans to sync the RC3 with Polar Flow. As a valued customer, we can offer you 25% off our products on our website. Would you be interested? " No I would not, why would I purchase another Polar product when support could be withdrawn at any time !

Sold my trusty RC3 and needless to say will never purchase another Polar product.

2 Likes