Zwift and OneDrive

Using Zwift on a Windows PC with OneDrive set to backup all content in documents continues to be problematic. It appears that Zwift attempts to store both app data state and user content in the same place. Microsoft recommends against this practice. This means that if you try to use Zwift on two PCs you often get conflicting behaviors and performance (for example, my laptop gets my gaming PC settings or vice versa) because the prefs file is copied when it really should stay on the machine.

I believe this issue has been reported in the past - is there an official bug or feature request to get this fixed?

Does the same on Mac too

Running Zwift on multiple Windows machines causes issues when OneDrive is syncing Documents folder. It means having to change the preferences between each Zwift session all the time.

The request is noted.

1 Like

Is there a way to track the status of the request?

I was doing some work on another topic and found that Microsoft recently added some information on the best practices for where and how to store content. See the “Write user-generated content to Known Folders” section on the “Windows app restore: maximize the value of your app” page on MSDN.

@Darren_Davis Appreciate your continued effort to help us solve this issue. We are working on it. There isn’t a way for Zwifters to track internal tickets, sorry. We will update this thread when there’s news to report.

Any update? I am facing similar issue. Seem like Documents folder is blocked by IT admins but it used to work till MARCH 19, 2024 update (1.61) Seem like Zwift is not determined Microsoft as friendly anymore.

It looks like your IT closed a loop hole to install 3rd party software. It is not uncommon for them to disable installation of 3rd party software.

No, I can install whatever I want but since version 1.61 seems like Zwift is not seem as friendly by Microsoft. There have been a few reports about it already.

Any updates on a way to fix this. I contacted customer support and did everything they asked, quit onedrive, allowed zwift app on controlled folder access and executions. First ride would upload but anything after that does not. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.