Zwift <2w/kg Group Ride Tuesday Night

Just wanted to say thank you to Amy Riley S2T (leader)   for putting on this group ride tonight. After joining Zwift in early February I have pretty much stuck to riding alone do to the pace of the group rides I have seen blow past me when training. I am 52 and have recently stopped taking all heart medication and statins after a 2012 heart attack. After only 2 months on Zwift I have raised my threshold heart rate from mid 150’s to mid 170’s and I feel better than I have for years. The group ride tonight gave me the encouragement to finish the 26 miles when at 20 miles I just wanted to stop. I also set many new personal best tonight … so thank you again Amy and Zwift for this wonderful outlet to reclaim my health.

J.P.

Hi J.P.

It’s always pleasure to read posts like this one :slight_smile: Thank you so much for sharing your story and thank you Amy for helping us making this happen. This group is getting very popular and will only get better! 

Also you might be considering getting a heart rate alarm app like THIS one due to your heart condition (assuming you have a smart phone or tablet) If not there are some watch with this feature too. 

Once again, Thanks a lot and Ride On! 

Unfortunately, bluetooth devices can only connect to one app at a time. My Wahoo Blue HRM could connect to either Zwift or the app noted above, but not to both at the same time. Also, the suggested app does not have a good alarm, it just continuously calls out the heart rate audibly. There is at least one other app that has a real alarm, but I don’t think any app can get around the 1-to-1 nature of bluetooth. 

The other app is pretty cool in that it can send a text to someone (e.g wife) when the limts are exceeded. I hope Zwift will have sometthing like this eventually.  At age 67, I try to not engage in something as strenuous as VO2 Max intervals unless my wife is close enough to hear the thud of my body hitting the floor.