Zwift 16GB vs 32GB RAMM on Windows 10 PC

Has anyone tested to see if there is a performance increase with Zwift if the system memory is increased from 16GB vs 32GB of RAMM?

I don’t think you would see much if any. Zwift uses GPU and CPU for performance and 16GB of RAM should be plenty to run it.

Do you have an SSD installed in your system? If not that would be a better investment.

2 Likes

Zwift only needs 8GB of RAM.
A good Nvidia GPU is more important.

1 Like

The system currently has an i7 3770k @ 4.5 Ghz, 16 GB RAMM, Nvidia GTX 1070 TI, and an SSD.

No performance issues running Zwift @ 4k Ultra. Just curious if the additional RAMM would be of any benefit at all.

I don’t think you would see any improvement over what you have.

No. Not at all.

Example: Monkey Island runs just fine with a 80286, 640kB RAM and any VGA Card.
It doesn’t run better/faster on a Ryzen 7 3700X and a RTX2080Ti :wink:

1 Like

That was what I assumed, but I was just curious if anyone had tested to confirm.

Zwift probably uses different amount of memory depending on your GPU configuration. I tested on my Windows 10 notebook (i5-8250U with Intel 620) and it uses 2.6 GB with either 16 GB or 32 GB of system memory.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I think I will run a 1 hour test with 16GB and then again with 32GB, and analyze the results with Zwiftalyzer. I don’t expect a performance change, but I love having hard data.
This PC is running Win10 Pro with no other applications installed. It is used exclusively to run Zwift.