Workout - Holiday Pause

+1 I’m 3 weeks in to and FTP builder and suffered an unrelated injury so can’t ride for a week. I’m now going to have to start again which isn’t ideal.

1 Like

My turbo trainer is out of action due to a warranty issue and its frustrating that I can’t hit pause on the training plan until I get it back.

We provide you a 10 easy ways for it really helps you to do your workout for further info

+1

We all understand that for a plan to be effective, some level of commitment is necessary. Please do not forget that most of us are not pros, so some level of flexibility would be great (plus or minus a few days at least). Since this is a request of zwift’s subscribers/ customers for quite some time, i cannot see a reason why this request has not been implemented so far…

3 Likes

If you want to have flexibility you can just do the normal workouts, you don’t have to enroll in a workout plan.

Try this one it is an awesome plan Zwift workouts: 10-12wk FTP Builder | What's on Zwift?. And you can schedule like you want.

Click on workouts [1] then select 10-12 wk FTP builder [2] and you can then do them one after the other.

It will show the date you completed the workout and if there is no date you will know you have skipped one or you still have to do it.

1 Like

+1. I found many more good workouts in a plan than a la carte. However, I’m now travelling for 1 week, I’d love to pause the plan. I’ve seen the reply that it’s too hard to jump back into a plan after a break, but in my case, I don’t notice any change in fitness level after 1 week off. It’s like a rest week.

+1.
Why is no one of the zwift team answering?

5 Likes

I joined Zwift from TR and a couple of weeks in this is the single thing I have found lacking versus than TR - but for those training around life it is absolutely critical. If had known I wouldn’t have switched and seriously considering moving back, just on this, even though I really don’t want to.

My plan was always skip 1 workout a week of the 5 and substitute with a couple of runs but a busy weekend and a good weather forecast mean 1 outside ride is probably all I can get in. A facility to push by X days would be great.

Can see this totally stuffing any plans that run over holidays or inevitable sickness.

1 Like

+1

This seems like such an obvious improvement. It’s disappointing that almost a full year after it was highlighted this is still an issue. Any idea when we might see a fix?

3 Likes

Based on this having 88 votes, and the ‘workout flexibility’ one having 212, this is one of the highest requested features (and also a lot more simple then world switching). Not sure why Zwift seems to be ignoring it

2 Likes

How long can it take to implement such a simple feature? I‘t really makes the workout plans - wich are quite nice - useless!

Really disappointing!

1 Like

Adding another voice to this as we come in to the Thanksgiving holiday. Going away for just 3-4 days means I will lose weeks of training progress and be unable to continue where I left off.

If you want to put a limit on the amount of time you can miss, that’s reasonable. But missing less than a week shouldn’t mean I lose 3x that in progress and have to start over.

2 Likes

You’re not listening Gerrie. We want to do structured workout plans, that’s why Tacx has added them, but real people have lives, I can’t imagine getting through even a month without having to miss a block of days. Makes no sense not to allow people to pause the plan.

2 Likes

The plan Gerrie pointed to is a structured workout plan. It just doesn’t force the schedule on you. You do each workout in succession when you’re ready.

1 Like

I was just proposing an alternative way to do workouts, as @1506 pointed out.

Well the inevitable happened. I ditched the Build Me Up plan due to missing a few workouts - a huge shame as a few days after missing the few I had 4 days back to back for training.

Even worse those workouts don’t seem to be available apart from in that training plan (asked in another thread but had no response).

Wish I had renewed my TR membership.

1 Like

Try the 12 week ftp builder, you can do it on your own schedule.

Just to respond Gerrie, noting is it off topic, that plan doesn’t look right for me. I won’t go into why on this thread.

2 Likes

Sorry if this is resolved but I can’t read 58 posts.

Is this still under consideration?

I’m a triathlete doing the multi sport mixer this off season but 5 rides a week and 4 runs leaves little the to swim or weight train and unfortunately there aren’t any other great plans for triathlon. A pause would be great so I could fit a swim and a lifting day in somewhere.

For 15 euros a month, one should at least have the freedom to proceed with the workout plans as you desire.

There you have it, please give us a break allready!

More than a year now we have been begging for this feature, with one valid argument in favour after another and dozens of examples of how RL tends to colide with good intentions and training plans every now and then, and … nothing changes, no counter-arguments are offered - it is just maddening. We’re customers, but it feels like you ar deaf for our reasonable requests.

I really feel that compared to alternatives, Zwift is the most fun for me by far. But Workout-plans are an important feature for me, and as I recently found out I, the inability to pause them really make them a no-go, and I will look for other options. For the time being that will be in Zwift, probably importing workouts from the internet.

This all makes Zwift much less valuable for me, than it would be with ability to pause/rewind. But above all it is the stubborness and arrogance from team Zwift that is on display here, that makes me want to look elsewhere.

3 Likes