Windows Zwift Client Crashes

I have lost 4 - 2+ hour rides over the past 2 weeks due to the client crashing.

I’ve updated Nvidia drivers, increased the TDR to 8sec fr om the default 2. Does anyone have any other suggestions?? It’s madness that I’ve been unable to get useful support resolution from zwift itself.

PC Specs: Alienware X51 Desktop, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia gtx 660, Intel Core i5-3330 Processor (3.0GHz (6MB Cache)

The error log still states a TDR issue. Event Viewer Info Below

A TDR has been detected.
The application must close.

Error code: 7
(pid=9188 tid=3912 zwiftapp.exe 64bit)

And the application error

Faulting application name: ZwiftApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fbe05e4
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 27.21.14.5730, time stamp: 0x5fa5dfbc
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000115a0c9
Faulting process id: 0x23e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c825a4af19af
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zwift\ZwiftApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_desktop_ref4i.inf_amd64_b291425d8e580cd8\nvoglv64.dll
Report Id: db364e3d-91a9-4a31-a923-579cba4288b2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks for the help!!!

nvoglv64.dll is the Nvidia driver - GTX 660 could be the problem.

@Steve_Marcus - perhaps coincidental that a decent’ish laptop with an error pointing to [relating at least] your GPU when we have been having some graphics related issues for past10 days.

Grab your log file and put it into Zwiftalizer and let us know what stands out (or post a screenshot). Have you had a nosey at your log file to see if it has some errors that provide any pointers?

Uninstall and delete all nvidia drivers and start from scratch installing them.

1 Like

I never got the hang of “uninstall, delete, re-install”…

Granted, it may help. At the same time, such occurrence should be rare. They belong to an era software got little or no Q/A, an era long gone for the industry.

Unfortunately, this has become the norm for some software, the identity of which shall stay hidden.

Hint: Nvidia is most likely not one such company…

2 Likes

Heres the log of the crash. I don’t see anything weird. (CANT POST BECAUSE OF FORUM!)

Last week I bumped graphics down to 720P which should run easily for a dedicated GPU. Min FPS is 30 average was 59.

Why wouldn’t a GTX 660 be good enough?

I will try this again. Thanks.

Nivida has some issues with there auto updater, so deleting it and installing the whole package fixes the incremental update issue.

I have a GTX 1650, not a high end GPU. No issues here, but look at this:

GTX 660 came 2012, I cannot say if it is good enough, but I had some problems with GT 730.

Its just weird as the card play most games even how although at lower graphic settings. The card should have no issues with 720p. 1st person shooters don’t crash this is a zwift bug.

I just wonder if its better to bag it all and just punt to an apple tv or something. Would that be more robust?

what CPU do you have @Steve_Marcus

You could upgrade to a GTX960 (they are cheap) if your CPU is good.

Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 Processor (3.0GHz (6MB Cache) with Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
1 Like

Wow you should be able to run Zwift. My wife’s PC has lower specs and run Zwift.

Are your monitor connected to the GPU and not the internal onboard graphics card.

Yes using the GPU. I works fine most of the time but crashing after climbing 4K ft sucks as you lose everything

I agree any crash is not good.

I know this is a lot of effort, but a windows and Zwift reinstall could solve it. Your hardware sound good enough for Zwift. It may be a software conflict.

1 Like

I like the thought but I have already done at the start of this rodeo. Id did a complete windows format, and new install of Zwift. It is literally the only software on the computer.

Wow @Steve_Marcus. You are on top of it.

1 Like

but all to no avail … :frowning:

Thats why I was curious if just using the android or apple tv clients would be more robust?

I’m still running the client windowed instead of fullscreen per reading other posts. Is this still recommended?

In the end I’m still getting the fitness gains so thats the important part but it is so disheartening to lose the ‘credit’ :slight_smile:

I’m similar, i have two desktops, one 3rd gen I7 the other 4th gen I5 bith have 16gb ram, one with a graphics crd the other using internal graphics, since the last update both are now unable to run zwift without incredibly poor graphics performance.

I have a relatively old windows tablet and that runs it ok so i’m having to use that for now. Don’t really want to buy a new PC because zwift is basically all i’d use it for.