Windows PC, hub, cog and click infuriating scenario

I fork out fot the Zwift hub, cog and click thinking it’ll solve my “too torquey for the old trainer” issues and improve my Zwift experience. The result is the only way i can connect them and get the full functionality is by running Zwift on my smartphone. I’m visually impaired, i cannot see anything in Zwift on my phone so it’s a waste of time as you can’t race when you can’t see, you can’t prepare for the climb, or attack the sprint, or get on that wheel. Even just free rides become demotivating. Connecting the hub to the PC is fine with ant+, but you have no gears and it defaults to some pathetically small ratio so you need to rev like a 90s F1 engine. “bridge using the companion app” yep and lose half the functionality, forget about watts and marvel at the wonders of how you can still be going uphill when you’re clearly descending - I lost speed pedalling down the Volcano descent…

If the hub/cog/click requires a Bluetooth connection to work, then get Zwift on PC to recognise them and connect. Right now, I’m sat here as a Zwifter of many years and feel i should start looking at mywhoosh…

I’ve searched the forum and gone round in circles with the infuriating robot “help” and nothing helpful has come up…

could you explain a bit more about your PC set up?
I use a laptop and have play controllers (not the click but probably similar) using the internal bluetooth was a nightmare for the controllers (everything else connects fine) but i switched to turning off the internal bluetooth radio (use device manager) and then using a cheap bluetooth dongle in the usb port nearest my bike and this works pretty flawlessly now.

So might be worth trying that? the dongle I use was just a really cheap BT 4.0 dongle from amazon but others might be able to recommend the dongles they use.

There were a couple comments about success with TP-Link dongles over here…

The joys of the world of computers… it seems a “gaming PC” with built in bluetooth, that tells you that bluetooth is working, doesn’t actually have working bluetooth… Dongle in and now it can find all the Zwift kit. My figures are quite a distance away from where they were with the previous trainer. but at least i can see what I’m doing. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

and a day later the PC won’t pick up a thing via bluetooth… I did alright on the prologue yesterday as i could see so go with groups etc. Back using the phone today for the longer etape and it was ride by feel and as a result, not very quick. Nothing’s changed on the PC, so cannot understand why it can’t connect when it did yesterday…