Will we see the most riders on Zwift today?

There’s a big ride at 18:00 (UK). The Alpecin-Fenix Ronde van Zwift has 1557 signed up at the moment. And the Ride with Frank Schleck ride has another 410 at the same time. Maybe we could break 28,500 this evening.

28318 was the highest I saw just now:

1 Like

I saw 29,186 claimed

1 Like

29,182 is what I grabbed.

3 Likes

Imagine how many riders there would be today if so many people weren’t turned off by the fuzzy screen! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

And the German Zwifters would not be locked down by their ISP…

2 Likes

OK, I imagined it. It was 3. 3 more.

1 Like

They use CloudFront on AWS.

Will we see 30,000 today?

1 Like

there are almost 5000 people signed up for the 2pm EST Haute route ride

28,936 a few minutes ago was the highest I saw.

1 Like

The highest I saw around the same time was 28980.

I was on a work call. What did it get up to?

I didn’t see it get over 29k, but I was riding the Haute Route stage 1 at the time so wasn’t watching closely.

1 Like

Saturday, April 4, 2020. 5:02 AM EST USA. 30,066. Wow. I kept refreshing it every minute or so and this was the highest I saw. Keep those servers in tip top shape Zwift! Ride On!

1 Like

Just seen 34,948

3 Likes

3 Likes

WOW 34k Awesome.

1 Like

Someone saw close to 36k

1 Like

I honestly don’t see what is so awesome about the game being so over crowded. I run an ATV 4K, and with more than 10k people in Watopia, it begins to pause/hiccup about every 2 seconds. It is incredibly irritating. At 15-20k riders, it is down right abysmal.

Zwift was clearly not well designed in the sense that it is not scalable (no multiple instances) to handle the load. Adding a second guest world is just a bandaid as all of the guest worlds are pretty small and user numbers keep climbing. I logged into Richmond yesterday for about 3 min, and then gave up and went back to Watopia. .

3 Likes

Yes.
They should make a second Watopia that’s only accessible at a certain level, like Jungle and AdZ.
Maybe level 15 would be okay.

2 Likes