Will we see the most riders on Zwift today?

Aye, I put forth that suggestion a month or so ago and, of course, was laughed at by the forum fanboys.

My last two rides in Zwift were done “offline” because the population density is too great. Thinking of going back to FulGaz once this month ends, my paid month rather, as I’m not having fun anymore. A older real life friend on my Strava page just did too.

The super ego’s, dumb trainer and e-doping cheats, lack of the new UI, lack of instancing, racing is still mostly pointless, and the list continues.

Zwift, I like the core concept of what you’re offering, but you really, really, need to get your house in order.

We are having a bit of fun guessing the rider count.

It is impressive that Zwift can handle so many riders and how Zwift has grown in the last 5 years.

Yes it does get crowded and more ride options will be nice. But we know this is not normal times so Zwift must be smart where to invest time.

3 Likes

I think I have screenshots of less than 100 concurrent riders and the Blue Guys.

1 Like

I remember logging on and you were lucky to find a couple of thousand fellow Zwifters sometimes. It felt rather quiet on days like that.
It feels a bit more social with greater numbers and even with these surprising totals I don’t think I have ever thought it was overcrowded.

1 Like

I could not find one with the HUD, Zwift only save the clean screen shot to strava

4 Likes

Blue guys with the HUD? =)

5 Likes

Nice one @Daren

Yes, that’s all from my point of view also. Good to see a platform I like enjoying success, but I know it’s probably hectic for the people at Zwift and some riders. Zwift is opening up a second guest world to help with the overcrowding issue. Ride On and good health to everyone!

3 Likes

over 22,600 today, and it isn’t even November yet

I just saw that @Mike_Rowe_PBR. This WTRL ZRL is bringing a lot of racers to Zwift.

It look like racers is not the small minority that Zwift think.

4 Likes

huh… well i’ll be darned, nobody could have predicted that.

2 Likes

Are you listening, Eric Min?

According to WTRL they had 6,339 racers from 110 countries across 30 events.

2 Likes

look how good that gradient graph is!

3 Likes

Now thats a serious user group. Wow!

Any predictions for this year? I assume today and tomorrow with Tour de Zwift starting will see the largest concurrent users ever on Zwift. Already over 8,000 signed up for the first TdZ ride today.

Will we hit 50,000?

2 Likes

Could be busy i’d say 18.30-19.30 GMT tomorrow is the time to check.

1 Like

Last year’s peak was just over 49k IIRC, around 1800 GMT when everyone was getting online for ZRL. I think there’s a good chance we’ll break 50k this year, although I don’t have any idea what 2021’s growth has been compared to the influx in 2020.

The next few Tuesdays in particular will be the days to watch. (I don’t know why Tuesdays, it just seems to be when we see peak numbers.)

2 Likes

Monday is quite often a rest day so a lot then ride Tuesdays, combine that with over 12000 doing ZRL racing on Tuesdays with a large portion of that at peak emea hours it gets busy.

1 Like

Yeah, but it was peak day long before the ZRL existed. I guess you’re right that it’s just the first day after a rest day in general.

2 Likes

There are 2,098 teams signed up for the new season of ZRL that starts tomorrow. That’s quite a lot of Zwifters.