Why does Zwift even offer multiple gravel frames/wheelsets?

Certainly ain’t for dirt.

1 Like

Zwift needs to have gravel roads (like the Jungle) and give gravel bikes the advantage then make some single track trails with really hard hills that require low gears and ride out of the saddle.
Forget the steering circus.
I wish you could ride repack with out having to steer,

6 Likes

A MTB in the Jungle is good for about 0.8w/kg over the Tron or just about any road bike. I guess you’ll need to decide if that’s worth changing. I’ve never felt like it wasn’t worth the change.

It’s not the best all-rounder any more, Chapter TOA with Enve 7.8 wheels looks to be.

Is there a backroom Zwift auction house where monthly bike speed advantages in game are sold to the highest manufacturing bidders?

1 Like

I don’t mind rides/races that are a mix of both (adds to the strategery), but I do sometimes get slightly annoyed that the only way to AdZ means going through gravel.

Make a penalty for descents (especially around curves) and then make the MTB faster on technical descents. Oh and make more courses like Repack Ridge with extra technical descents (and make Repack Ridge a loop). Then, you’ve got to choose, do you want the lighter gravel bike for the straight bits and the climbs, or the mtb for the descents. At least it’d be something to distinguish them.

1 Like