What about runningpower metrics?

Since many of the Zwift-Runners have a Stryd footpod (or maybe a Garmin HR Strap), it might be cool to display the runningpower besides the pace and the spm! If the power is not in-game the power-data also could not be transferred to Strava and Garmin Connected after the run. But it should be… I’m sure many Stryd users would appreciate this feature very much.

I agree! :slight_smile:

Would be very nice to get the power from the Stryd footpod into Zwift. The data from it is very, very accurate and I use it when I’m Zwifting

Please add this feature Zwift.

1 Like

I agree also :smile:: I already formulated a similar feature request some days ago which has not been voted.

2 Likes

Allrighty, so please vote for this one @Christian_Wirbka :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats what I already did :smile:

Nice, I see it now … didn’t see it when I refreshed the page 5 minutes ago.

Excellent, let’s hope Zwift listens

So many reasons why this simple change should be made, it seems like a dropped ball not including it in the first place.

There’s a huge community of people that use an indoor trainer to get quality cycling training with power! Add this feature and market it for running and people will flock to run on zwift as well as buy a stryd.

Also loads of folks need to use rTSS and it’s awkward as hell in the current format.

In the first instance, we are not saying to use power to calculate speed/pace, like cycling. We are just saying, display it! Although the former would be pretty cool!

Come on guys, get your acts together!!

1 Like

I fully agree. The highest need is in having displayed the power instead of always looking at my watch.

1 Like

@Vincent hi there!

Could you guys please DISPLAY the power watts for the runs ( measured by Stryd in my case ) ?

I see you are monitoring it because I imported the data from Zwift → Strava en then I exported the tcx file from Strava and in there I see the power!
( https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918437-Exporting-your-Data-and-Bulk-Export#TCX )

See the example data below, this is actually recorded from Zwift, as described above:

2 Likes

Would ALSO be good to be able to choose the primary metric to show when running - Could be Pace, Speed, Power, HR etc.

@lord02 - when my Zwift runs are pushed to Garmin and Stryd, I am not seeing any power metrics, specifically in Garmin Connect.

I don’t record with my watch, just have Zwift, paired with Stryd running.

Let me add my two cents and agree. I bought Stryd, partially on the fact that it is recommended by Zwift run. The only reason to buy Stryd (and it is a GREAT reason) is for the power metrics that it provides. There are many cheaper running pods out there that provide cadence. While I understand it might be bleeding edge, I do believe that running by power (instead of HR) is the next big thing. And for those of us who use Stryd, you are either all in or not (just like biking with power.) Once you commit to running with power, then you will always try to run with power. If Zwift does not include power both in its display and in the file that is syncs with Training Peaks, then Zwift really does not work for Stryd users. I think this would be a real shame as it is such a natural partnership between the two companies and technologies. Zwift has done a great job on pushing indoor training for bikes. I really do hope that Zwift will capture and display power for running just as it does for cycling.

1 Like

Hi there,

I noticed today, as I was running on the treadmill, wired up with Stryd … that it IS displaying watts while running! :slight_smile:

I haven’t noticed this before, so I don’t know if this is new or not … but it’s only visible when doing a training/exercise … not during a regular run session. But it is live, and it changes on-the-fly as you run :slight_smile:

@Vincent is it possible to get this visible during a regular run session? Would be a big plus to get this into all running workouts

Here’s a video which I recorded, which shows the watts, while running in exercise/plan mode:

1 Like

I can’t wait to have power while we are running.

Has there been any update on this feature request ?

1 Like