Please display stryd power in the run

Many people requested it. Please make it possible to see power from stryd while running!

5 Likes

Displaying power seems like an easy win but currently the Stryd does not recognise treadmill elevation so is only really representative at 0%. If you increase to 2% at the same pace then your real power output will increase but the Stryd would not detect this and therefore the power output displayed by Zwift would not increase.

1 Like

Jon I’m perfectly fine with that limitation. I train exclusively by power, just displaying it will make it easier for me and others.

3 Likes

Have you seen the Runcline app created by someone in Zwift Runners FB group? Might be a useful workaround until power is implemented in Zwift.

1 Like

I love Stryd. It’s awesome, but it’s also possible to display an estimation of running power as a function of treadmill speed, treadmill incline and body weight, without having to be tied to one product and it’s proprietary power estimating algorithms.
I just posted how to do it elsewhere. And the math is open source.
But yes. YES! I too would love to see power displayed on-screen!

1 Like

Hang on now… isn´t the power data from Stryd showing up on the screen? Wow! How do they calculate the power then?

Someone who´s been using Zwift for a long time, recommended me to buy the Stryd censor, because it was the best. And now it seems like the power form the Stryd isn´t even transferred?!

Power is not used for running on Zwift, but Stryd is more accurate than other foot pods when it comes to in-game speed.

But I have some Power metrics showing on the screen when I run. And it´s also appearing on the activity report (in watts). What´s up with that? What kind of number is this then, if power is not measured?

Yes, there is a way to get Zwift to save the Stryd power data, but it is not used for in-game speed. Hopefully in the future will be given the option to display Stryd power on screen (there is a Mac hack to do it) and it will be used for in-game speed.

Would love to have the Mac hack :slight_smile:

It is in this thread: New Zwift Runner Thoughts and feature request - #2 by Paul_Allen

Hello, displaying the Stryd power in Zwift should be great for me too :wink:

3 Likes

This can be done using the Runcline app. There is an option to replace the HR data on screen with power.

Definitely the power from stryd sensor should be shown in Zwift screen. Also workouts based on power should be allowed.

Hi guys, any updates on this? Seems odd this hasn’t been applied to the platform??

It’s been 5 years since the original request with only a handful of people wanting it.
If i were a betting man I’d say it’ll not happen.

1 Like

I would love to se a better integration with Stryd, but understand the limitations, since power is tied to elevation, which is obviously not changing on the mill

Hi everyone. Thanks for using this space to share your thoughts. I comprehend how important it is for you to display Stryd Power on Zwift. This would be useful because you could analyze your running data. However, behind a third party connection there are several things to test. Aspects such as location data, sensor information, activity information and a wide range of technical processes to synchronize data.

We are continually evaluating and developing solutions to improve the member experience. I kindly suggest you periodically take a look at this article. In case we make any change on Third-party Platforms, the list will be updated. Ride On.