Way too much resistance - help!

Hi,

I recently had to get rid of my Qubo Elite Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer and replaced it with a Wahoo KickR. However, the resistance on it seemed ridiculously high (I have an FTP of 293w and was struggling to hold 230w for five minutes). I was lucky to be able to return the KickR and got a new Qubo Elite Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer. Unfortunately the problem persists and has possibly even got worse. I’ve checked on my gym’s Wattbike and the issue is definitely with the new trainers (I feared I had an inflated FTP). I’m running this through an Ant+ on my PC.

I’m at my wit’s end trying to work out what the problem is. I’ve switched off all my bluetooth devices but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I would be really grateful for some help.

Thanks!

How did you measure your original 293 FTP? If it was on the Qubo, it’s highly likely it was overestimated and the Kickr is actually more accurate,

Happened to me when I went from a Vortex to a Neo - I lost 50W.

1 Like

Thanks Daren - I really appreciate you coming back to me but the original FTP seems about right, particularly from my experience on the WattBike and other tests I’ve done in the past. But even if it was overestimated by 50W, I should still be able to hold 230W for longer than five minutes.

I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong - it’s really frustrating and making Zwift unplayable. :frowning: