Watts drop to xero during ride

Hi i keep getting my watts drop to xero a few times each ride. 

After dropping to xero it goes back to normal after a few seconds. 

i have the following setup: 

Tacx Bushido Smart 

Garmin dongle on usb extension cable about 100mm away from trainer 

Windows based PC 

Looking to solve this problem asap as it is very frustrating.

Hi James,

Please submit a support ticket and include your log files from the affected rides. You can find the log files in your Documents\Zwift\Logs folder.

Thanks!

Ticket: http://bit.ly/ZwiftSupport

Hi James. I have the same problem. I also have a Taxc Buchido and runs Zwift on an Mac mini computor, so it means that the problem is not a computor problem when we both have the same problem but diffetent computors and O/S

Hi Erik, I was advised that it was an issue with the USB extension cable picking up interference. I had a cheap 5m cable. I have replaced with a 3m shielded cable & problem has been resolved. Try a shielded cable for your USB extension cable.

Hi James, Thank you very much for the advice. I don’t use any extension cable. I have My ant+ dongle connected directlly in the USB port on My Mac. The distance between the computor and the Buchido is approx 2,5 meter. I have the fan and some other electric equipment close to My set up so It light be  interfernce that cause the problem anyway. I will try with a screened extension cable is well in order to eliminate the interferensen option.

Hi Erik, 2.5m is definetly too far for usb ant stick. USB extension cable will help.