Wahoo Kickr Bike Creaking noise

My Wahoo Kickr Bike started making some serious creaking noises when pedaling. Like really loud. After getting in touch with WAHOO, it was determined that the seat post sliding rail needed to be lubricated. This can be accomplished by pulling the seat post assembly which slides up and down, off of the frame. To do this, you must back the bottom screw out from the the water bottle cage mount. It doesn’t have to be completely removed, but almost. Then, while pulling the seat height pin out you can lift the seat post assembly completely off the frame. When you do this, a plastic thingy, for back of a better word, will fall out.The plastic thingy was held in by that screw and restricts the seat post assembly from being completely removed Set the seat post assembly aside and you will see the rails that the seat post assembly slides up and down on. Lube the heck out of the sliding areas and inside the holes on the back side that the height adjusting pin goes in. Remount the seat post assembly, down to the H position. Then get the plastic thingy and insert it back into the front side of the seat post assembly, with the flat side down. Then you can reinstall the lower water bottle cage screw. I used Park PolyLube. Good luck!

Thanks for that.

I do have various types of grease for bottom brackets, might try that.

That worked like a champ. Thanks for taking the time to post that.

2 Likes

Loren’s post helped me fix my problem. The noise was driving me crazy. It would come and go, and I literally started to take apart the bike and grease it piece by piece. Until reading her post, I didn’t realize I could remove what I will call the seat tube assembly not the seat post. I followed her directions and removed the seat tube and greased all surface areas and reassembled and the noise seems to have disappeared. Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for posting this. I’ve been chasing the dreaded creak too, and I think this just fixed it!

I removed the frame from the pillar completely and the noise is still there so definitely not from the rails. Anyone have a similar experience and another fix? I’ve asked my local suppliers for an opinion in the mean time.

Did you get to the bottom of this andrew? My kickr bike has started creaking when pedalling this week and I just can’t identify where it is coming from

Hi Mark. I never found out exactly what was causing it. It definitely wasn’t coming from the seat assembly component which is known to creak when not lubricated enough. Mine was creaking from the bottom bracket area but I didn’t go as far as opening it all up because that would’ve voided the warranty. I ultimately went through a bit of a drawn out warranty process during which time the bike developed another problem and they eventually just gave me a new bike. They never told me what they found. I would suggest contacting wahoo if lubing the seatpost assembly doesn’t fix the creak.

1 Like

Thank YOU! Worked like a charm. Love your description of “Plastic Thingy”, it was actually very accurate haha.