Wahoo Kickr core noise help?

My Wahoo kickr core started to make this weird nose, sound is going on-off and there’s a little bit of vibration also

Device is few years old and bought used so no warranty, anybody have any ideas what to look for?

Im trying to add video link here but its not allowed?

without any other info, sounds like a mechanical issue (and therefore fixable). could be as simple as a loose flywheel which will probably just be a case of tightening whatever nut holds it together. i just had this issue with a direto, though mine was still in warranty so i didn’t bother taking a closer look

Hi @Raiko_Kaldoja, welcome to the forums. I had an unusual noise on my core over a year ago and Wahoo replaced it even though I was past the one year warranty. I would still encourage you to contact Wahoo support, you might be surprised or at least get some advice from them on how to repair. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will try then!

From watching difffrent YT videos it seems that shaft bearings are dead, doesn’t look very complex thing to change, but ill contact them before!

I think you gotta be a member.

Not sure though.

My Core started to make a strange sound with a bit of vibration on Saturday. I made a quick video and sent it into Wahoo support. This morning they responded that it was the bearings in the flywheel axle and they would like to replace it for me. This will be my 3rd Core in just over two and a half years of use. I’m very pleased they are still willing to fix things well after the warranty period.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with their Kickr?

Very similar. Like you, I’m on my 3rd Core, and Wahoo continued to replace them well past the initial 1 year warranty. This 3rd one is still working well and has almost 2 years of use on it now. Cheers!

1 Like

At the end i changed the bearings myself, very easy job to do!

I’ve got a pair of SKF 6003-2RSH ready to replace the cheap bearings I used to do the intial replacement about 9 months ago. They are starting to show signs of wear.
Finding the locking screws, breaking the Loctite and re-assembly to a reasonable tolerance are key.
Once done, you’ll be fine to repeat or adjust.
Does void your warranty though.

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of. I asked Wahoo if they had any preventative maintenance procedures or anything to prevent normal wear and tear and they said if anything happens they just replace the unit. So effectively you have a lifetime warranty on these trainers, and I would hate to lose that.