Wahoo Climbing Mission 2022 FAQ

I have the same problem. Did a workout at 10. No credit for the elevation that I did. Boohoo

1 Like

Really sucks after doing PRL Fullā€¦ on the 24th GMT+1ā€¦ nowhere a start time is mentionedā€¦
Can this be looked at, cheers

Hey all - sorry for the communications gap. This mission did not trigger Jan 24 in local time zone.

I have asked if we can retroactively credit those who were registered for this mission and didnā€™t get credit this morning. Stand by for the answer, please.

17 Likes

I hope you get a positive respons. I just finished Alp dā€™Huez Zwift, and got no credit for it :frowning: Being a complete rookie at cycle, that was a big effort for me to see go to wasteā€¦

Also completed an alpe ride today and got nothing towards mission for it.

Barring a retroactive fix for those already done with rides, at what time zone and time is this challenge currently set to begin?

It is currently enabled, my main menu screen now shows 0% complete where as earlier this morning it said ā€œchecked inā€. I think it officially started at around noon EST, would have been 9 am in Long Beach at Zwift HQ.

1 Like

There were never an time mentioned on any platform except the 24th of January. There was also questions asked by various people on the time that the mission will start that was not answered. I feel there should be an correction made for people that subscribed and did a ride on 24 January but was not credited.

5 Likes

Sorry, but the communication is a mess! If somebody tells me that something starts on day X I expect the beginning at 00:00 oā€˜clock or at noon latest - and Iā€˜m talking about the time zone Iā€˜m living in.

I live in Europe, my time zone is MET and I pay my bill in EUR, why should I expect to follow any other time zone.

The mission was unlocked after 5pm for us and even if an activity was started at 5:01pm, the altitude counter is at 0 hm.

2 Likes

I agree, this doesnā€™t make sense. The festive 500 started in local time so why the change?

I hope this is sorted out ā€¦ feeling the same as everyone else that has completed a climb this morning (5600ft for me ) - nothing on Zwift - based in Uk

Agreed. Had todays workout on the alpe to accumulate vertical meters, but got nothing to show for it on the mission progress because of thisā€¦

Yes, I am disappointed about this rollout. I would have expected a midnight start, which is the beginning of Jan 24. Trust they will correct this and retro our credits

1 Like

Just like most of the comments here - I did the Purple Unicorn workout this morning at 10AM EST with 1000m+ climbing. Would appreciate if I could be credited for all that workā€¦ thx

What?!? I did a ride earlier today (on the 24th) at 11am UK time. No credit on the progress bar. Is this for real? How did zwift mess up something so easy?

Will they fix this and credit us?

Same here. Climbed Alpe de Zwift on 24 Jan in Australia and havenā€™t been credited altitude

Itā€™s not explicit, but Iā€™m assuming that this means that it was supposed to trigger as from 00:00 hours in each userā€™s time zone. If so, something went wrong and was then only noticed very late in the day.

This is both a communication and an implementation issue, of which there have been a large number recently.
Iā€™m not piling onto Shuji, whoā€™s the messenger in this situation. Butā€¦ come on, Zwift!

Thereā€™s so much potential on this platform, but itā€™s as if someone drops the ball on event set up and comms every single time.

Is is it a dysfunctional corporate culture? A too-cool-for-school attitude towards basic checking that everythingā€™s been set up properly before a launch? I really donā€™t get how this happens. I do know that it erodes confidence in the organisation as a whole. Get it together, people.

7 Likes

Hence the remarks about ever buying a piece of Zwift hardware being extremely risky, my confidence is extremely low that they can pull that off and support it as well as say Wahoo or Garmin.

3 Likes

Well, since I missed out on my earlier ride, I decided to go ahead and ride up the Alpe now that I know itā€™s workingā€¦ and thankfully that elevation counted towards the mission. However, I would still like my earlier ride credited towards this goal, and it shouldnā€™t be too difficult for the team to correct this ASAP.

Add me to the list too. Multiple rides this morning starting around 10:00am EST. Credit for nothing. Reached out to Zwift Support via chat. They escalated and Iā€™m awaiting a response.