UTF-8 letters in chat - For non English languages. Please

Hello,

Is it possible to change letter codification in zwift? In Polish we have some special letters like ą, ę, ż, ź etc. When you use they on companion App word comes without these letters and for example you will write “pięknie” and users see “piknie”. Many smartphones use dictionary and it is impossible to write without these letters…

It would be nice to see “pięknie” or with using latin letters without special Polish signs “pieknie”.

@Jon maybe it is not so much work to change this? Best regards, Radek.

3 Likes

In general, support an alphabet outside the English-characters-only. I can’t write my name since Þ is not supported.

3 Likes

I would love to have this done! It can’t be that much effort to implement it, can it? Some chat messages are really unreadable when written with special Polish (or other) characters…

1 Like

Yes, this is very annoying problem and i think easy to fix.
Since Polish community is one of the biggest we deserve this :smiley:

3 Likes

Will be nice if this can be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love to see that!

2 Likes

Germans also can’t write ä,ö,ü and ß

UTF-8 should support all languages and should be standard for many years.

6 Likes

Hello Ben,

I want to edit my post for every other languages but I cant. I think this post is too old. Could you please send this topic on your ZGR Group that your friends could vote for it? This topic concern all of languages with specific signs. Youre right UTF-8 should be standard here.

3 Likes

I updated your title. Please let me know if you wanted something different.

1 Like

Howdy

Maybe it’s a known issue, but i’m not able to add Ö, Ä, Õ, Ü to my name in-game. I can add those symbols on Zwift’s webpage under profile, but after that it doesn’t show up in-game. Any solutions to thar or when it will be fixed?

2 Likes

Hello Gerrie,
I would like to extend my topic to others language. I’ve wrote my post since one year, and please when you can add sentence on top, that people from other countries can vote :slight_smile: now it’s focused on Polish and this issue applies other languages with special signs too. “The topic also applies to others languages ​​- non English, please VOTE”
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Radek

2 Likes

Please vote this feature and when it’s possible share on your ZRG Team group to voting. Thank you.

1 Like

Voted :+1:t2::wink:

3 Likes

Please add Polish. So many users from Poland and the Polish language does not have. It’s very bad and not fun

5 Likes

Voted :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes, we ask for minimum support for diacritical letters, and preferably for translating the user interface.

Why it is important - during the ride we are using voice typing so there is no way to avoid using diactrics. So instaead of “Łódź zażółkła pięknie” we have “d zaka piknie”

4 Likes

Thumb up for UTf-8 support! We’re living in the 21st century so no excuses for different language support.

4 Likes

Absolutely😀 voted

3 Likes