Unable to launch Zwift App. Mac 10.11.3 (El Capitan)

My Zwift app suddenly will not launch. I have been using it and successfully upgrading for over a year on this macbook. I was able to ride last week. Suddenly, last night, the app refused to launch. I have reinstalled the application, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Are you launching Zwift from the Dock? If so, maybe remove/delete it from the Dock and then launch it directly from the Applications folder. If that still does not work. I would try an uninstall and reinstall.

I had the same problem after installing the new update. I tried reinstalling to no avail.

Then I ran an update for El Capitan (to 10.11.6) and it now works fine.

I think that may be your best bet.

David

This worked. Thanks!

That’s great, happy to help.

Hi, I’m using Zwift for the first time and run El Capitan on my Mac. However, my Mac locks up everytime I try to run Zwift!! Any ideas?

Upgrade OSX!

El Capitan is old, really old. There have been four OS X releases since El Capitan ( Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina) Your Mac might not support the latest release (Catalina) but can probably be upgraded to Sierra or High Sierra.

What make and model Mac do you have?

Hi, Thanks for the response. I have an early 2009 iMac. It’s a high spec machine despite it’s age but I believe El Capitan was the last release of IOS that was supported for it (though I may be mistaken). It does everything else I need it to do but maybe Zwift id just too new for it :frowning:

I was afraid you might say it was older than a 2015. I had no idea you would go as far back as 2009. Depending on if it’s an early or late model 2009, it may or may not be upgradeable to Sierra.

Even so, to be honest 2009 hardware might not really run Zwift really well. An AppleTV 4K is a great cost effective solution if you don’t have a newer computer, iPad, etc…

Haha - Yep, 10 years old and still flying for most things. Thanks for the tip re. Apple TV though I may just be borrowing my son’s iPad a few times a week :wink:

1 Like