Ultimate Zwift set up

(Jonathon Stacey) #1

Hi, I thought I’d share my Zwift set up because I’m sure there’s lots of people like me who start out with a basic set up but want to know how they can improve the experience to make Zwift more immersive and enjoyable.

I started out with a crappy laptop, old turbo and speed sensor but over time and while converting my garage to a fitness room I have improved things to about as good as you can get for both cycling and running on Zwift. I have chucked a fair bit of change at it mind.
My set up (I’m in the uk)
Scott addict
Wahoo kickr smart trainer
Wahoo Cadence sensor
Garmin premium HRM strap
ANT+ dongle extension cable
Taurus 9.1 treadmill
MilestonePod
Tacx sweat net with phone case
TBT xl training mat
Jabra Move Wireless headphones
IKEA adjustable laptop table (keyboard, mouse, extra water, gels etc)
Prem-I-air 20cm turbo fan
Cyber power gaming pc: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, Zotec Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 16MB ram, 240gb SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10 (fast CPU and top end GPU needed for great looking 4K super smooth graphics)
Seenda ultraslim wireless keyboard and mouse
Samsung UE50NU7400U 50inch UHD 4K tv, set to game mode
Stealth tv mount cantilevered with tilt (swing in front of bike or treadmill)
3m HD cable, 70m cat6 Ethernet cable from router in house to garage (rock solid connectivity needed for a glitch free Zwift experience in my opinion)

Show me your Zwift pain cave
(Paul Allen) #2

I’m not really understanding the point of this post.

(Jonathon Stacey) #3

Well general discussion does say ‘Share your Zwift tips or tell us how you Zwift’ so I have.

(Paul Allen) #4

Ok, I would call it an above average setup. I have see post of setups on the old forums and on Facebook that I would consider ultimate setups (larger screens, rocker plates, cool fan sets, Zwift controllable fan, and more).

But it is a nice setup and very versatile.

(Marc) #5

Looks like a sweet setup to me. I think I may have to rethink my man-cave setup.

(Dave Wolfson(San Diego)) #6

What resolution setting in Zwift do you choose from the dropdown (2160 or 1440), and what frame rate do you get (according to Zwiftalizer)? I need to upgrade my 24" 1080 monitor to a Samsung TV and I was thinking either the Samsung 7000 series or 8000 series. My system runs Win10 iCore7, and a GTX 1070 Ti. I assume you are using HDMI from your GTX 1080 to the Samsung TV. Do you really get 4k at 60fps? I’m asking because that’s what I want too! (Also, any problems with the Samsung pre-installed bloatware?)
Thanks.

(John Ayton Ride Wbr ) #7

Nice set up Jonathon. I’m currently updating my cave at the moment too. Could do to PM you (sent you a FB request)

(Leon Evans[Cardiff Ajax]) #8

zwift equivilent of “errrrr… its above average…”