Ultimate Zwift set up

a pc with a 1080ti just to run zwift? lol

Zwift gets better than 1080p? I really should not know this

1 Like

hmmm…let’s see high powered gaming PC, 4K display, sound system, $1200 US for only 1 wahoo kickr, $6000 bike and various other components…your right! lol
Actually awesome! I love my comparable setup! Ride On and enjoy everyone on whatever setup you can justify!

And here I am, zwifting with a 75€ used Tacx Blue Motion, a 5€ used Conti Trainer Tyre, a used PC with i5-3340 and AMD HD7850 for 150€ and a 26" TV with 1366x720 I got for free.
Oh, not to forget the Speed Sensor, Cadence Sensor and ANT+ USB Stick. Add 35€ :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m running it with the GTX 1070 Ti - it’s great - I’m using a Samsung NU8000 55" in 2160 gaming mode: getting 60fps at 2160. I started with a laptop at 570 res. 12 fps, then used an old 1080p monitor 23"… and over time, just kept adding stuff and power. www.zwiftalizer.com was instrumental in helping select the level of computer/screen etc. that I wanted to go to. Check them out.

3 Likes

One great addition to my set up (Kickr '18/Kickr Climb/ATV 4K/70" LG/) was using my Amazon Echo Dot to control my 2 fans w/ smart plugs. When I start I’m not warm so having fans run isn’t needed. After 5 minute I have Alexa turn on the smaller fan and eventually the larger fan. When finishing I’m usually pretty damp from sweat that I get chilled with fans blasting so I can again have Alexa turn off the fan(s) w/o having to dismount. Side note: Alexa comes in handy when at the end of a race when you need that power song to double down on that power up!

He there i use a Giant Defy pro with a Tacx Neo1, i run Zwift on a game pc
Intel I7 9700F, 16gb HyperX DDR4, 512gb SSD nvme, Nvidia Gforce RTX 2060, Corsair RM650X, 42inch LG 4k Uhd tv
Zwift is set up at 4K UHD it looks great and runs very smooth!

Lol… my ultimate setup is the one that costs me the least.

Mine is a free hand me down 60" screen from my sister (it replaced an ancient 30" freebie) plus 32GB 4K Apple TV and a dumb trainer. I had to buy a BT speed cadence sensor and I have been less than impressed with that. I have ANT+ power meter which does not play with ATV and I don’t plan to upgrade, but have been able to verify reasonably accurate (within a few percent) zPower. Above 200W the curve is against me so there is nothing there for the screamers. I only use PM data from my cycle computer in my training diary, never zwift data. Also ANT+ HRM which is going to have to break before I pay for another and is recorded by my bike computer.
Floor fan was 14.99 at target.

I am not cheap, I just prioritise my gear differently and prefer to ride on the road. I can’t take zwift seriously, I’m not zwift racing and really only use it for scenery during workouts and a bit of fun. It makes it easier to stay on the bike and I am certain most people use it for the same.

I’m running a 2020 Wahoo Kickr with a hand me down Scott CR1 with last years Ultegra mechanical group. The bike is a dedicated trainer bike built with leftover parts that’s actually one size too big. Because frame size, within reason, is more flexible when you’re not actually riding it dynamically, I’m able to adjust the seat and bars precisely to my professionally fitted outdoor bike. It works very well considering it cost me about 200 bucks for the bike and 900 bucks for the Kickr (a great deal on eBay!).

For the computer end, I’m running a five year old Dell E7240 laptop on docking station with a 22 inch Dell monitor. It’s not 4k but it’s close. I set up the computer system with an old camera tripod and a Vivo laptop stand system from Amazon. With a little keyboard and tray, the mouse is fairly easy to hand and the monitor is about a foot in front of the bars. About the same as a big ass monitor mounted on the wall 6 feet away. I started off trying to interface to the Kickr with Bluetooth but gave up on that and now I’m using a USB Ant+ dongle; absolutely rock solid. I’ve also got a phone mount so I can run Zwift Companion at the same time. This setup takes very little room and is pretty portable. After I straightened out my Wifi in the house, my ride uploads have been perfect. Since I had most of the hardware, this cost me only 50 bucks for the Vivo stuff. To duplicate this from zero would probably run a coupla hundred bucks since old computer hardware is pretty cheap on eBay.

I’ve got a Rowenta remote control floor fan I bought on Amazon for 30 bucks. I can start it after I’m warmed up and ramp the velocity up as I get deeper into the pain locker. As we get closer to summer, I’m probably going to need another fan but that’s not an issue yet.

2 Likes