Transferring Training Peaks time based run to Zwift

I am currently using a training program from training Peaks to train for a Duathlon race in August 2019. The runs are based on time versus distance and that I am aware of, I am not able to convert the workout to .zwo to use in Zwift. Is there any way or program that can be used to convert workouts into a .zwo from Training Peaks? Is there any plan to allow this type of workout to be done in Zwift or created in Zwift? Is it possible to create a running workout in Zwift?

I am also curious as to how long it may be until there is a training program in Zwift for Duathlons? I heard it is planned but curious as to how close you are getting to getting this in the application? I don’t want to spend money on something else if Zwift already has it!!

Thanks!

Forrest

Hey Forrest, we have an article on how to transfer workouts from Training Peaks :slight_smile:
Edit: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/-how-do-i-import-workouts-from-training-peaks-running--BJMh9hl87

Vincent,

As I stated, the issue is with running workouts not with cycling workouts.

Thanks!

Forrest

Hey Forrest, my apologies for the link! Although it is a similar process: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/-how-do-i-import-workouts-from-training-peaks-running--BJMh9hl87

Vincent,

So you are saying that Zwift will import both time and distance based run workouts? If so, then the issue is with Training Peaks as time based workouts will only export to .fit file format. I will gladly contact Traing Peaks if you confirm Zwift would import and use them. Again, I’m not looking to point fingers, I just want to import the workout into Zwift.

Thanks!

Forrest

Vincent,

Is there a program that will allow creating time based run workouts in Zwift? I don’t see one available.

Thanks!

Forrest

Vincent,

I have not heard anything back so i contacted Training Peaks and I was advised that the reason that I cannot export my run workout from Training Peaks into Zwift is because, “This is because Zwift needs a power based structured workouts. Your run workouts are created as % of threshold pace.” I am running with a ZwiftPod and even it does not produce running power so why is there a requirement for running workouts to be power based?

The bottom line is that I am trying to get the following workout into Zwift:

Warm Up:
5 mins Z2,
5 x (30 secs in Z4 + 30 sec recoveries in Z1).

Main Set:
2:30 mins in Z4 + 2 min in Z2.

Warm Down:
3 mins in Z2.

So, what do I have to do to get this workout into Zwift? Is it possible? What workout creation app can I use to create this workout for Zwift??

Forrest

that is not true
running workouts from trainingpeaks will only work in zwift if they meet these criteria
1.need to be created from scratch as distance based (you cannot edit a duration based to distance,zwift wont see it) but if you start it as distance based you can when working on it start typing duration in and straight away change the interval to distance
2. it must be % of threshold pace
3. the workout must be given a name to be synced to zwift(unnamed workouts wont show up)

so only way is that zwift make it able to use duration based workouts as this is the way 99% of all running and Triathlon trainingplans in trainingpeaks are created

1 Like

Frank,

Thanks for the reply. Yes this is what I am finally realizing. The other realization I am coming up with is Zwift is not ready for run training! Running maybe but not run training as I think most running coaches use. Sad as I was hoping to give duathlon a try. I’m not a runner so was really hoping to use a good coach and just move workout to Zwift and run. No can do. So, no running for me and time to get my money back.

Thanks!

Forrest

for now i am recreating my TP workouts for zwift use until they support the duration based workouts
but i think zwift have a nice plan for half marathon though

Good Morning,

any news regarding this issue or lets say feature request?

I am really looking forward to get my time-based TraininPeaks Workouts automatically synced to Zwift.

Till this day i am using this online workout-editor for Zwift: google: zwiftworkout dot com (Zwift is not allowing to post a Link)
which supports the creation of time-based Zwift Running workouts!

But still, its a manual task and i hope Zwift is uping there running game by finally bringing support for time-based runing workouts from TrainingPeaks.

Thanks,
Martin

Hi,

Why does Zwif show the pace of structured workouts from trainingpeaks as speed (kph or mph)?
I as most runners would prefer pace (min per km or mile). It is planned as pace in trainingpeaks!
Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Makes sense to me as it is the speed you need to set the treadmill to for the interval.