Tour of Watopia [2023]

Tour of Watopia is the tour that levels you up faster, whether it’s your level on Zwift or your fitness level. Boost your fitness and fun while you unlock new gear, keeping your avatar looking fresh. The rewards of hard work are amplified when you score double XP taking you to the next level faster than a sprint!

To make sure you can participate in Tour of Watopia, please make sure your Zwift version is up to date. You can learn more about checking your Zwift version here.

This year, in addition to getting double XP in every event, for riders, each stage will have its own feature to level up the fun. In each event, you will experience curated PowerUps for what terrain is approaching, automatic bike swaps over specific terrain, or costume swaps throughout the ride. Learn more on the ride page here.

There will also be awesome unlocks along the way. There is a cap unlock at 20%, Ride or Run shoes at 60%, and the Tour of Watopia kit at 100%!

There will be five stages for Tour of Watopia:

Stage 1: March 6, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC - March 12, 2023 @ 23:00 UTC
Stage 2: March 13, 2023 @ 00:00 UTC - March 19, 2023 @ 23:00 UTC
Stage 3: March 20, 2023 @00:00 UTC - March 26, 2023 @ 23:00 UTC
Stage 4: March 27, 2023 @ 00:00 UTC - April 2, 2023 @ 23:00 UTC
Stage 5: April 3, 2023 @ 00:00 UTC - April 9, 2023 @ 23:00 UTC
Makeup Week: April 10, 2023 @ 00:00 UTC - April 16, 2023 @ 23:00 UTC

Click here to convert to your local time zone.

When you join any Tour of Watopia event, you will receive double XP! That means if you decide to ride or run your favorite stage more than once, you’ll get double XP for every event you join. You can schedule your rides here and runs here or in the Zwift Companion app.

For ride, each stage offers three different route options. Choose your own adventure—ride one or ride them all!

Category A will be the longest ride.

Category C will be the shortest ride.

Category B lies somewhere in between Category A and C in terms of duration.

All genders can join categories A, B, and C, but the D category is for women only and follows the same route as Category B.

The categories are:

• Category A: Long Ride
  • Category B: Standard Ride
  • Category C: Short Ride
  • Category D: Standard Ride (Women Only)

For run, there will only be a standard category this year.

Late join will be enabled for Tour of Watopia but we recommend joining at the start of a group-ride. By joining late, you may not be able to participate in some of the fun surprises throughout the rides.

There will be no web based tracker for Tour of Watopia but you are able to track your progress on Zwift or Zwift Companion. Want to learn more about Tour of Watopia? Check out the main page here and the FAQ here.

In the email I received it specifically mentions I’m already lvl 60 multiple times.

“You are currently at level 60! Skyrocket your status with the Tour of Watopia, starting March 6. During this tour, you’ll earn double XP—level up faster than ever.”
“You’re currently a level 60, and it’s time to level up more than your fitness. With double XP, this is the only tour that you can level up twice as fast!”

Does this imply levels 60+ are coming as well? I certainly hope so!

no, they should just exclude anyone level 50 and up from these mass marketing email blasts

2 Likes

Judge Smails: You’ll get nothing, and like it!

2 Likes

So according to your email you are giving us level 60 people more XP? Or was that your marketing department having an oops moment.

We are already locked at 750,000 (I’ve been at that point since ages) and had 892,000XP before you did the reset.

1 Like

I believe they said that the XP is actually still accruing, even above L60 correct? So technically you will be getting double XP, you just won’t see that you are until they unlock new levels etc…

Edit: And yeah, they might do the same “double XP” until banked XP is used up etc. thing they did from 50-60.

1 Like

Aaron is correct your XP is still counting up even if you don’t see it, so Double XP will just add ontop of what you have.

Will steering be enabled or not allowed?

The auto bike swaps sounds interesting (esp as an AppleTV user!), not sure how to feel about the swap to a big wheel on some of the descents but the switch to a dinosaur costume is too much for me.

1 Like

I’m not sure how I feel about an auto swap to the Zwift MTB when I have a better bike sitting in my garage. But likely they can’t setup an auto swap to ‘Your Best MTB’.

Also…those dino costumes are tall and wide. Is that going to affect everyone’s CdA?

2 Likes

Is that the coefficient of aerodinoamics?

7 Likes

Nailed it. :smiley:

1 Like

Will there be Robopacers? I enjoyed them in tour de Zwift.

1 Like

That’s correct. The email had some people asking “is there something new that had changed”.

looks good, auto bikes swaps is nice but booo to double xp it’s really not needed stop trying to kill community events,

1 Like

Seems like it would make more sense to offer double XP for simply using the product in June, July, August

3 Likes

Oh boy… we gonna fly guys. :smiley::dash:

I’d vote for that, encouraging people to continue their subscription over summer (but perhaps it should the summer period in your hemisphere … June - Aug is winter for me).

That would make more sense. Tour of watopia does not need double xp there will still be loads doing it so if it were me i would use incentives like that either at quiet times or to promote other events throughout the community.

Zwift community tour next maybe i can dream of :smiley: