Tour of Makuri Islands [2022]

Just to confirm, you chose Chasing the Sun as the route while picking the workout like normal and it counted towards the tour?

@Sven_Setterdahl - that is correct!

3 Likes

Do we just have to pick one of the courses on offer that week? Or can we pick any Makuri course?

I think it’s any route that’s used for the stages of the Tour. That’s not every Makuri course, but it isn’t limited to just the courses for the active stage, either.

2 Likes

I did a workout on Neon Flats this morning which is in Stage 4 and it counted toward the Tour.

1 Like

Complete map.

1 Like

Every ride is a race😜

3 Likes

Are there going to be racing (official, not tearing-a$$ off the front of a group ride :smiley:) options for all the stages? Full disclosure, I didn’t know about this Tour until I jumped in the race that turned out to be the race version of stage 1. Got the Unlock and the sunnies as a nice surprise. Wouldn’t mind racing the other stages as well.

The transition from Makuri to Neokyo is wrong. There is a straight road between the junction (Makuri) and the round about (Neokyo), through the tunnel. The map on ZCA was wrong after releasing Neokyo.
The new road in the harbor area looks interesting. Strange bridge. :thinking:

The monthly Zracing series is all in Makuri this month, which is different from the tour of Makuri. However, if the race matches one of the tour stage routes then it will count for both. I assume the weekly races will match the tour stages somewhat, but i think there are 6 tour stages and only 4 races?

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I didn’t realize (although I see it mentioned above now) that other events on the same routes would trigger the Tour route completions–so I thought the Race Makuri events were tie-ins. Now I see it was just a happy accident :slight_smile:

Why can’t we do this for the Run routes also?

There is a little more in Urukazi that is shown in ToMI stage 6:
Yellow dashes is not part of it. Just my imagination. :grinning:
I’m not sure what the case is with the tri-map junction. There definitely seems like something is going to be curvy, maybe.
Yay new roads!!

1 Like

There isn’t a “mission” for run. Each stage has run based unlocks which is different to the ride setup.

2 Likes

Had it at today’s Stage 1 Chasing the Sun that the first group changed their bikes to a gravel bike on the dirt climb, thus completely dropping all riders staying on their normal road bikes. Isn’t bike change disabled on such events?

Funny little glitch. Selected Wandering Flats, and tried to do one of my custom workouts, but could only select between 2 new beginner workouts from Zwift. Setup is ATV4K(A10 chip)

Never seen it disabled for a group ride before and not sure why it should be.

A few comments on the Tour Group rides.

1. I was not able to give multiple rideon’s from the companion app (Android)

2. The Power graph at the bottom of the screen was not visible, pressing G did not bring up the power graph. The graph appeared once the event finished.

3. Most important, Please don’t remove head gear in a event where everyone looks the same, that is the only way to keep track of the avatar. I also don’t like riding without a helmet.

1 Like

I just wanted to mention and highlight the Tour of Makuri Islands portal (accessed when clicking on the main tile on the home screen) - as I don’t think it has been mentioned yet…

This is great to see. It presents all the upcoming stages clearly and even some options for route completion.

Imagine this being rolled out across the other missions. For example - seeing all the weekly race stages for the monthly ZRacing series.

This works well. I can see potential for this sub screen / portal approach.

7 Likes

In big IRL group rides you’re not allowed to change your bike, otherwise you get disqualified.