Too dumb to use the website?

I don’t seem to be able to find event sites like these…

…when i’m logged on to zwift.com. :man_shrugging:

There are topics like Get Started, Training, Run, Off-Road and Events. Clicking on Events for example shows me the current schedules and events, but i still can’t find general event board for a specific event.

All i can do is lookup the exact name on Google or any other search engine and then access it.
What am i missing? There’s not even a proper search function or some kind of lookup panel.

Why do i need this? It gives me a nice overview of the entire tour, so i can plan ahead >>

Yeah, it’s not you, it’s the website.

8 Likes

No not very intuitive at all. If you take the steps you have listed above and say choose Events. The events page no use to you but go to the very bottom of the page and you now have more options. Choose the ‘Press’ option (not something you would obviously normally choose) and you will find all the information you need.

Why all of this is under Press and not Events I don’t know.

Hope this helps

@Oliver_ZRace_Central posted this yesterday. The advantage over Zwift.com will be that he’ll also capture a range of events that Zwift doesn’t focus on, so may be of use to you.

It’s a great initiative specially for folks that dont use other social media where a lot of the bigger events/series are “advertised”.

2 Likes

So this is the actual PRESS link that display current events and latest news
Zwift Newsroom

That’s where i found the Tour of Watopia news site.
Oh boy, i really can’t understand the design decisions on this page :roll_eyes:

Sry guys, can’t get over it or let go on this topic since it’s STILL AN ISSUE. There is no actual search function on Zwift (really?), i have to use Google to get to this site Tour of Watopia 2022 - Zwift or go via Company, Press and then Newsroom, which i posted in the comment above.

Using search on the Newsroom doesn’t even find what i’m looking for and gives me old results (see screenshots).

Why is this website so badly designed?

They already financially support zwiftinsider.com so why spend more to replicate it at zwift.com?

1 Like

I have the same question

Not everyone knows about zwiftinsider plus the information is already there, they just choose to bury it.

1 Like

kind of like how the route isn’t included on their events page… how has it been missing still after 5 or so years? :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

yep it’s pretty bad in the same way the companion app is awful for finding events.

best of using the likes of https://zwifthacks.com/app/event or ZwiftPower - Login to find the upcoming event you are searching for. Both have text filters search

5 Likes

The old app showed the route, the new one doesn’t. I’ve commented many times that they need to add the route. For Tour of Watopia, it looks like they do link to ZwiftInsider to show their route info. I think they are working on it.

Companion is kinda easier to find events, but I think there are so many events it would be hard to wade through them all looking for ‘the’ event you want. It’s gotten too popular? I don’t ride many events so…

But when you register for an event, it’s on the top row once you connect so that’s an improvement? Programmatically, it’s hard to set up a UI to find something so complex. :man_shrugging:t2:

You can events starting soon in-game, but otherwise you can also use https://www.zwift.com/events, or the companion app. I find the companion app works best, but could be better. You can also use something like Zwift Power or Zwift Hacks.

a simple text search in companion would make it a million times more useful. Rather than having to scroll through days worth of events to find the one you want

3 Likes

But searching isn’t so clear cut for some. I mean maybe it’ll be better for this environment, yet I’m sure it could be frustrating for some. There is just too much data. Having a screen with buttons to push to help people searching would be great. Just looking for ‘60 minute rides’ would still produce an unwieldy list of choices.

1 Like

Surely a search function without proper filter options is worthless. But shouldn’t be too hard to do, other websites have it too.

1 Like

Zwift has all the bad habits of multinational corporations with the resources of a micro startup LOL

So i received another newsletter which poked my interest. Topic: “Zwift Spring Training: Train indoors. Ride outside at a higher level.” with a link to this site:

Can someone explain to me how to find this page on zwift.com without having the actual link in the mail? Like i would tell a friend “Hey look, there is this interesting workout schedule on Zwift. Just look for the keyword Spring Training.”
As you can see the preview does not even show where the link actually leads to.
This Zwift website is driving me nuts.

4 Likes

Alright, one last post from me about this: for everyone else who is struggling with the non-working search function on Zwift, i found a workaround by using the chat on the lower right. Who would have thought?