Time it takes to load Zwift

(John Hallas ) #1

I have used the same laptop for 18 months (when it was newly purchased). I always shut it down and start it up cleanly for my Zwift session. However the time for Zwift to load varies immensely from between 90 seconds to over 4 minutes last night.
I have fast broadband and do not have problems in-game or with any other application I run.

It is nothing to do with any updates .

What causes this variability. To sit there and wait for 4 months to eventually see ‘logging in’ is immensely frustrating, especially when you are rushing to start an event.

(Sean S.) #2

Open a support email with us by visiting the Zwift Support Hub and selecting “Contact Us” so we can investigate further.

(David Griscom YCW) #3

John Hallas, you don’t say how long you wait after booting your computer until starting Zwift but my guess is that if you start Zwift right after you boot the variability is caused by other things that might happen at system startup such as programs checking for updates, applying updates and patches, etc. Are you using an SSD?

(John Hallas ) #4

Not using an SSD. I agree that sometimes, especially when I am in a rush I start Zwift up almost as soon as I can login to the PC after startup. That may cause the variability.
Thanks for your input

(David Griscom YCW) #5

If you are turning your laptop off and on frequently, getting an SSD will really speed things up.

(Chris Fugate) #6

I have the same issues. I have been using it since beta and it’s gotta worse. I have fiber and a gaming machine that only runs this application. I reboot fresh every morning, let it get running, launch Zwift and wait and wait.

Sorry but Zwift is becoming a training frustration. The trainer (NEO) does adjust accordingly now. Especially on the New York course. Unless I have gotta really strong for a 15% gradient. (Yes I have it set to 100%).

Sorry for the Zwift lovers…it’s not a as great as it used to be.