Time drift with duel recording

I have uploaded a .fit file in ZwiftPower for analysis and found that the .fit file has a time drift. I can line up the start of the effort, but the drift results in a 15 sec delay by the end of the effort. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jeromy

You can do it in the analysis tool in Zwiftpower directly - with Time shift and crop.
I am on my mobile phone now, hope the screenshot helps.

Milan,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately that is not exactly the problem. It is not that the time is offset, but that the secondary power file is actually 15 sec longer for the effort for the same race. I tried to put in some screen shots (hope they show)

full ride:

first part (data is lined up):

end part (data is not off):

That is really weird, never seen something like that.
Which devices and software are you using?
Was it a Zwift event perhaps (some users reported time issues when riding big events)?

Sorry, no other idea…

Thanks. I’m glad that I am not the only one who thinks this is weird.

The Kickr is a v5 that is connected to an Apple TV. The Quarq is a DZero that is connected to a Garmin 520. The heart rate data shows the same time drift dispite the source for both files is the same (Garmin HR strap), so it suggests that it is due to the recording device and not the power source.

A friend recommended changing the data capture setting on the Garmin 520 from “smart” recording to “1 sec” recording. I will see if that fixes the discrepancy when I ride tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jeromy

That is an idea - my Polar M460 pauses recording when I stop IRL (traffic lights) - but only when recording with GPS?!?
Could it be anything similar?

Unfortunately changing the data recording setting on the garmin did not fix the problem. I did isolate the issue to the recording devices. In the first screen shot, the garmin is capturing the quarq power and that file time is longer. In the second shot, the garmin is capturing the kickr power and again that file time is longer.

Did you ever resolve this @J_Cottell_1822?

Jonas,

No. This has not been resolved. I do have some more info.

I can also see this difference between the display in the AppleTV vs the display on the companion app. The ATV runs fast, moving 4 sec ahead for every 15 min of riding. This only happens during events. It does not happen during free riding. At the end of the event, the total time recorded matches the correct time on the companion app (not the elapsed time on the ATV).

This is different from the time difference when starting in the pens where the ATV starts at the start of the event while the companion starts then leaving the pens.

I suspect the time difference is connected to the position issue I see when doing team time trial events. The position of my avatar is not consistent with the position the others on my team see in their screen.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Jeromy

1 Like

I noticed that since auto calibration came in, there can be a point after some free wheeling that the two power sources get out of sync, then drift back together over the next few mins.