The Tron Bike blues - Hitting The wall

I completed it in just over 3 months. Sore legs and lots of water!!! Oh and 2 big turbo fans!! Keep at it!!

1 Like

Yes, finally did it also yesterday. Took me about 3.5 months. Got it at lvl 19 with about 2888 km and 50km elevation.
Did a lot of EPIC KOM route with the tower, Alpe + different events with high elevation. For most of the time tried not to take flat routes, even during events.

3 Likes

I LOVE climbing and feel riding on flat is very boring. Probably 90% of my rides in Zwift or in the real world are mainly for climbing. Yes, it is a
long journey but you will get there in no time. Keep riding and climbing!
Note: When you see the UFO, remember to climb more. :wink:

1 Like

Took me about 4 months. Almost every ride was up the Alpe until I got the lightweight wheels and then I did repeats on the Bonus Climb… Over and over and over

Is the Bonus climb the Radio Tower?
When I got the Tron Bike there was no Alpe so I did Radio Tower repeats.
This past Winter, I got the "Climb the Alpe 25 " badge.
Both climbs became some what mind numbing but of the 2, I think I prefer the KOM/Radio Tower climb.
Box Hill/Fox Hill repeats were fun too.

My question is:
Which climb do others prefer to repeat over and over?
Alpe VS KOM/Radio Tower.
I guess throw in Box/Fox Hills and Leight Hill too.

1 Like

Hi, I just completed the quest and I guess my feedback to those still in progress is its infinitely doable in 8 months without doing only climbing rides … I did a brief posting in Facebook Zwift Riders group but these 2 graphs condence the actual how to do it without doing only climbing … 1) Have fun 2) Experiment, 3) sign up for the tours … focusing on the no is never a good idea

Good luck !

I earned the Zwift concept bike back in December. There were certainly days that I did not feel like climbing. One available option for those days is to switch your challenge to one of the other challenges (ie. California or Italy). The miles you accumulate those days will count toward the challenge selected. You will not lose any of the elevation you’ve accumulated towards the concept bike. When you feel up to climbing again, simply change your challenge back to the Everest challenge and continue racking up the elevation gained. In this way, once I earned to concept bike I also had a head start on my next challenge.

Down to my last 214m of climb. What I am disappointed about is that I was only able to climb AdZ the full way 10 times and no wheels. There were many times I was not able to make it all the way up due to time constraints. It takes me about 1hr 30min for the climb itself.

My advice is to be consistent in using Zwift. I did not simply ride big climbs. I would ride NY, London, etc and complete routes as well as bigger AdZ or radio tower climbs. It kept it varied so I was motivated to Zwift.

2 Likes

I got the M@s0chist badge (25x AdZ) before I got the wheels :sob:

Haha that’s a tough break

Not what I wanted to hear. I hope I do not end up in that boat at all.

I got the wheels on my 3rd time up :rofl:

It gets even better. Since then, I have had streaks where I get the wheels 2 or 3 times in a row
:rofl: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I am kinda pissed because while I have done 50k of climbing in 4 active months on Zwift, I didn’t really understand challenges and that you could switch until I had already done 8k+ vertical meters in the Ride California challenge.

So I still have 7.5k meters to go. Maybe 10 days fr now since I plan to try and beat the 60 minute plateau on the Alpe during this Ceramic speed thingie…

I got the wheels the first or second time up I think. I wish they were a bit more aero so you could use them as a good all around wheel instead of just pure climbing. But it’s cool they are free!

Similar here. When I first started riding on Zwift, I think I finished the California Challenge and left it selected for months afterwards :frowning:

It would be nice if the UI was a little more intuitive but in the big picture of life at least I got fitter.

Started Zwfting March 2020 'cos COVID-19 lockdown. Hit 50k metres elevation in September but hadn’t had the Everest challenge selected from the start (doh!), now doing AdZ 4 times a week to get both the Ma$ochist badge & Tron at the end of the same climb (yeah, I’m a nerd!).

AdZ is a 1hr 15-20 workout from the spawn point, up & back down to the level barrier so pretty efficient way to rack up the elevation.

‘Won’ the Meilenstein wheels on my 14th climb, then again on my 15th LOL!

2 Likes

That complaint is a Right of Passage for Zwift.
I did it too.
Didn’t realize that I had to select the correct Challenge.
It is easier now days.
Back when I started, instructions and info was hard to come by.
You had to search forums and other web sites to discover the neat tips and tricks.
Now remember, not having the Everest Challenge selected is not Zwift’s fault.
I was able to zwift just fine so it was not a bug. Just poor user preference.
I just thought I really needed the Tron bike.
Now that I’ve had it for 3 years , I never use it unless I do a race on Fuego Flats.
Generally, I prefer a lighter set up that is punchier up hills but still aero.
I view the Tron as a TT bike with drafting.
I wish the avatar would sit up in the draft.