Technogym group spin bike speed cadence sensors

Which speed cadence sensor is recommended for attaching to a Technogym group spin bike for use with Zwift?

It is generally not recommended to use a spin bike with Zwift unless they can accurately measure your power output. People have hacked together ways to install speed sensors on spin bikes and the result is extremely inaccurate power measurements.

Depending on which model it is, you may be able to pair it to Zwift using the QZ app (qzfitness.com). Some of them appear to have some kind of Bluetooth functionality. QZ already supports some Technogym treadmills so it’s possible something could be done. That would be far better than a speed sensor. If you have access to the bike, use nrfconnect (free app) to scan it and send the results to @Roberto_Viola

Technogym makes a lot of different bikes and their design appears to vary a lot so there’s no quick answer to how you would approach the speed sensor installation. It will probably require a lot of trial and error to figure out where to put it to achieve reasonable values.

1 Like

Hi @matthew_close qz developer here! Let me know if you have any questions!

I occasionally attend cycling classes at the gym and would like to use Zwift as a virtual guide during these spin sessions. The Technogym Group Cycle bike is at least 5 years old.

I’m considering purchasing a CooSpo Cadence and Speed Sensor from Amazon for this purpose.

The Coospo sensor should work fine. You may need to glue it on to the bike or possibly take the bike apart to attach it depending on the design, so that might not work out well in a gym environment. I recommend trying the Bluetooth scan so you can find out if the bike might be usable in Zwift without adding a sensor.