Tandem bikes!

My wife and I love Zwift and cycling together. Would be great if we could select a Tandem bike and our joint power/weight be used to move our joint tandem bike! Something a bit novel, especially if the resistance on her turbo kept creeping up because I wasn’t pulling my weight :wink:

This would be fun - although a bit niche.

3 Likes

Maybe niche - but I just logged in for the exact same request. Hear hear. Would be cool to have the odd tandem on a race - flying on the flats and downhills - crawling on the hills…

3 Likes

I can foresee 90-100 kg total weight racers.
How does wattage and speed add up on a tandem?
Do you have two power meters? Strava link?

Zwift could just keep it simple by letting two Zwifters link up
and using their joint weight/power to move the Tandem Avatar.
Could be fun.

4 Likes

This would be a two person meetup.

1 Like

We would love this, we ride a tandem IRL, so this would be awesome.

4 Likes

Hi, we are also using our tandem with zwift du to covir-19…Are there any updates on how to set up a tendem properly with zwift?..thx

2 Likes

Please concentrate on necessary things like cleaning up code. This idea is too niche and completely unecessary.

5 Likes

My wife and I would definitely use this feature. We ride together on Zwift every week and it is a little frustrating to stay together on the ride, even when we select ‘no drop’ because of the way it affects the pace. We ride tandem in the real world and it is always more enjoyable than riding individual bikes.

3 Likes

You need to make this a feature!
We are planning some climbs and our kid powers me up the lot of them.

1 Like

says man with cat avatar.

Hi @Mick_Marriott, welcome to the forums. Please don’t make personal attacks, we’re a supportive and encouraging community on Zwift.

You can create a meetup with “keep everyone together” enabled if your riding parter is stronger than you and you won’t get dropped.

4 Likes

Only a niche to those missing out on the fun of flying on a tandem and blowing by half bikers.

You should not speak on that which you have no experience or intelligence about. I ride and Zwift on a half bikes and a tandem. Power output is higher with my stoker, which throws off all my numbers when riding half bike. So yes, they need to work on the code, adding options to account for this.

What is a half bike?

Half bike.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. I thought it might be this:

I’m not opposed to the game being enhanced for tandem riders, but it’s in the class of feature requests that are exceedingly unlikely to get any attention. Honestly, probably zero. It would probably require pairing two separate power meters, but it would be tough to know if they are getting input from two sets of legs or just a single rider using two power meters. That would mean there’s no easy way to support tandem racing.

I have wondered if this topic has ever got any traction from Zwift. Here in the Midwest we lead a tandem bike club and in the winter months there are several of our teams that are riding tandems on trainers. It’s not hard to adjust the weight to your team weight. Off you go.
Zwift ! Are you listening?