Tacx Vortex

My Tacx vortex is no longer recognize since MacOS Elcapitain update and Beta update of the 30 September ? And the Vortex is not propose in the list of Tacx device.

Anyone can help ? Thanks in advance.

If you’re using the Tacx Vortex Smart ANT+ T2180, you should be looking under the “Power” menu, not the speed menu. If you don’t have the T2180, then your trainer actually isn’t supported, and you’d need an ANT+ power meter to get accurate readings.

Vincent, I too am using the Tacx Vortex Smart T2180 and it appears to be 100% supported and works great.  

However, I haven’t upgraded my Mac from Yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan.  Thanks for the heads up on a possible capability issue as I’m staying on Yosemite for a bit due to other issues out in the wild.

It does look like you approach the pairing a bit differently then I do though.  When I start Zwift, I login, it finds my Ant+ dongle and then I click on the Controllable Trainer option and select the ANT+ Trainer 16767 (only option found on the search).  This then automatically selects the Power Source and Cadence sensors for the Tacx Vortex.  I then click on the Heart Rate search and select my MIO Fuse and away I go.  At no time do I have to specify my type of trainer, etc.

Hope this helps get you going and please let me know if there is a compatibility issue with El Capitan - more importantly, if there is, how you and when you resolve it.  Good luck and hope to see you riding…

Vincent, one other thought, make sure you use the Tacx Utility to update the firmware to the latest version.

Thanks for all your Help. I have done all the update and it works perfectly now. Thanks Again.

V.