Tacx cobbled road feel [France] [1.34] [April 2023] [SOLVED]

Hey @James_Zwift , I just joined France on a free ride and the extra cobbles are there. But it gets worse as Dave H. just messaged me to say he was getting Tacx Road feel on tarmac sections. So I switched it on and I’m getting Road feel in the 2 pictures that are not cobbled. Not sure how long it goes on for.

Thanks for the report @Steve_Clogg_PACK_LEA. I’ve flagged it up to the team.

1 Like

Keep the cobbles there. Makes something different to ride or visual on a mostly flat map. Makes the aqueduc harder.

3 Likes

Affecting running too. I’ve never taken part in any cobbles race. Here in pictures is where they start and stop.

@shooj and @James_Zwift here is a video of an hour on RGV. Cobbles all over the place with random tarmac breaks in the middle. Also there are lots of places where I’m on tarmac but getting the visible cobble screen shake - you can see that about 1:30 into the video while going through the Marina area.

1 Like

some people in the update thread seem to be saying they are getting cobbles road fee but not the graphics too

I’ve had this on 2 separate devices (my usual w10 PC; connecting via ANT+ and BT, along with my wife’s laptop - using her account that’s been dormant for a year - so no doing any cobbled classics stages as I’ve done - both running 1.34); appearing to consistently occurring in the same places (well, I confirmed it working between the brick bridges before and after the marina sprint, I wasn’t up for multiple runs over the balloon fields to get to the problematic bits by the aqueducts) - I managed to get a print out of petit-boucle and annotate it with some coloured pens where I had “new” cobbles on the road with road feel, “new” cobbles on the road without cobbles road feel, and places where I was riding on tarmac but getting cobble road feel.

Free ride having selected Petit Boulce or R.G.V. from the route selection screen:

“Short” synopsis:
“Petit KOM” and “Balloon fields/Les Intestines” = fine (though turning right from the Petit descent towards the aqueduct triggers cobble road feel before the junction on top of a tarmac road) - didn’t get so far as to see what happened in the other direction.
“Marina” = Go north from the pens, over the bridge (cobbled and working as expected) and under the brick bridge, you’ll encounter tarmac looking road with cobbled feel until exiting the Marina to the north and going under another similar brick bridge (the arched one, which is south of the flat road bridge you also go under).
South of “Pave Sprint town” to “Aqueduct KoM” = short section of tarm with cobble feel, then new cobbles (with cobble feel), with a short section of tarmac with the cobble feel* before returning to the cobbles - interestingly I had a cobbled section with “no” road feel just before the Aqueduct KOM, but this may have been due to increase in gradient/decrease in my cadence.
“Aqueduct KoM” - this has whatever road surface visual it’s always had, but I had cobbled road feel over it all.
South of “Aqeduct KoM” to “Petit KoM/Balloon Field” turning: Cobbles with cobbled feel, occasionally some short sections of tarmac with cobbled feel*

*These sections seem to show up whenever there’s a “junction” of the main rideable route with another tarmac’d “scenery” road.

2 Likes

I, also, did a free ride in France last night. Cobbles in all sorts of places where they were not before, and the Tacx road feel continues onto some of the tarmac sections. I found it very annoying.

I am using an iPad, on V 1.34.

@CardiffGreens thanks for the synopsis and the map especially. I’ve relayed it to the QA team so they can investigate those sections.

1 Like

Neo Road Feel seems messed up in France at least, lots of areas where you get the rumble feel of cobbles on smooth tarmac and Vice Versa I believe. Pretty sure this is new for 1.34; is this bug already reported?

I wonder if that correlates to the new cobble sections they added for the recent race the cobbles? They might be visibly missing but the code reporting the cobbles to the trainer must still be in place.

Maybe explains why they have messed with the settings but I’m not sure it’s just those sections……. Either way no big deal just slightly frustrating and hopefully easy enough to fix once reported.

NEO road feel seems messed up in France for me as well. Not a big deal for me though as I keep it off. Too distracting and unreal even at 50%.

1 Like

I did stage 1 of the Cobble Crusher series on R.G.V. and I also did a free ride in France yesterday. Both rides had new cobble sections compared to earlier rides but they’re not in the same places! Stage 1 had a long stretch at about 9km before the Pave Sprint which was not present in my free ride, while the free ride had a very long stretch between the Aqueduc and the Petit KOM / Balloon Sprint intersection (that others have documented here) that I don’t remember from Stage 1. Hope this helps.

Just to add my 2 cents:
I never did a Cobble Crusher race.
I’m on 1.34.0 (MacOs)
I did a workout today on R.G.V and the additional cobble sections appeared.
Very irritating :wink:

I’m seeing the same thing here

8 Likes

Please give us more details on your set up so that we can try to get down to the cause of this issue. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

1 Like

UPDATE May 3
Hey everyone - Zwift 1.39 released today, but the fixes for the two cobble bugs did not make it in time for this release. We plan to fix it in the next major release, and appreciate your patience.

2 Likes