Stuck with mountain bike & Zwift won’t let me switch

Just trying to help, because I don’t experience the same thing on my Windows system. Once I finished the challenge my bike was the Carbon but I changed it to the Tron and I stay as the Tron.

1 Like

Need to completely stop before you can change bikes or wheels, just like in real life.

2 Likes

I enrolled in the challenge, to get the radio button option to opt out of the “auto select”. Since then, when I start Zwift, I’m always on the Zwift Carbon.
I changed one ride to the Tron, finished the ride, and the next time I started Zwift, I was back on the Carbon.
I changed to the Tarmac Pro, finished the ride, and the next time I started Zwift, I was back on the Carbon.
My main Zwift platform is the AppleTV, but I see the same thing on iOS, iPadOS, and PC as well.

I have not completed the challenge. I have not done any rides with that bike. I only entered the challenge to get the option to opt out of the “auto select” of the bike for the challenge.
I don’t understand which config file could be wrong, since I see the same behavior on AppleTV, iOS, iPadOS, and PC. It has to be an issue on Zwift’s side, since it shows up on 4 different platforms.

I’ve looked at a couple of logs, but since I don’t know what right looks like, it’s like a hog staring at a wristwatch.
I didn’t see anything that said what the default bike should be.
How do you see config files on iOS or iPadOS? I know how to see logs, but not config files.
And, since I specifically chose the bike I want, not the Zwift Carbon, on each and every one of the 4 platforms, multiple times, shouldn’t that FIX the problem?

I have opened a ticket with Zwift.
As a test - I removed Zwift from my iOS device.
I reinstalled, logged in, unselected the “auto bike” option, and started a ride (no sensors paired, this was only a test).
I was on the Zwift Carbon.
I quit Zwift, restarted, selected the “auto bike” option, and was on the MTB.
I quit Zwift without changing bike.
I restarted Zwift, unselected the “auto bike” option, and was on the MTB.
I changed, bike to the Tarmac Pro, quit Zwift, restarted, unselected the “auto bike”, and was on the Zwift Carbon.
So, you may be on to something about not having the bike in my garage - but I’d be willing to be there are many people that don’t have that bike, so the problem should be more widespread, right?

I’ve just had a go myself. I deselected “Put me on the Scott”, and when I checked my garage I was on the Ribble. Tried it on my Windows 10 machine and my Android phone.

I might not have tried the same steps as you though. Zwift takes too long to start for me to bother with extensive testing. =)

When I get back home this afternoon, I’ll remove Zwift from all my platforms, and try again.

I removed Zwift from 2 iPads, 1 iPhone, 1 PC, and my AppleTV.
I reinstalled on my AppleTV only.
I started Zwift, paired my KICKR, unchecked the “auto select” for the MTB, and I was on the Zwift Carbon.
I changed to the Tarmac Pro, quit Zwift, restarted Zwift. The “auto select” was not checked, and I was on the Zwift Carbon.

I turned off the AppleTV, and reinstalled on my PC.
Same routine, I launched Zwift, unselected the “auto seelct” for the MTB, and I was on the Zwift Carbon. I changed to the Tarmac Pro, exited Zwift.
Relaunch Zwift, the “auto select” was not checked, and I was on the Zwift Carbon.

To further confuse the issue - I launched Zwift, unselected the “auto select”, I was on the Zwift Carbon, I changed to the Scott Spark, exited Zwift, relaunched Zwift, the “auto select” was still off, and I was on the Zwift Carbon.

At this point, I don’t see how there can be anything on my side that’s causing this issue.

Did you save the ride or delete it when you exited zwift?

In my testing, I’ve done both deleting as well as saving (but making it private).
Saving does not show up on Zwift.com, though, if I don’t actually ride (since I’m doing testing).
The 2 rides where I changed bike obviously were saving, yet it still reverted back to the Zwift Carbon.
I have not done an actual ride since removing Zwift from all of my platforms.

I’m on a Win10 PC with latest Zwift version.

I’ve selected the Absa Climb Mission and left the radio button on and did a few free rides with the Scott MTB.
Today I signed up for Tour of Watopia Stage 1 and sure I didn’t want to ride the flats on the MTB, so I unchecked the radio button. I spawned with the last bike/wheels I used before the MTB, the Cervelo S5 with Zipp 454.
But I guess 2 mins were a wee short, I couldn’t join. So I quit and restarted Zwift, left the radio button on and selected the Mountain 8 route. I spawned on the Scott MTB as expected. Did the route, joined a later ToW Stage 1 Ride, could join and switched to the Tron in the pens.

So absolutely no problem here.

1 Like

This is still happening. every time i start up I have to go and switch it to road bike. Pleae fix this.

Make sure your Zwift app is fully up-to-date.

IOS version v1.0.46903 does NOT fix the issue. This version was updated on March 6, 2020 on my iPad and Zwift still change the road bike to a mountain bike. I keep changing in at the end of the ride but the change does not stays on. I am did the Tour of Watopia - Stage 1 twice (I completed the second time this morning) and my avatar had the mountain bike.

What do you mean by “make sure you Swift app is FULLY up-to-date”? If IOS v1.46903 is addressing the issue, that is the version that is installed on my iPad since March 6, 2020 and I still have the problem. My understanding is that the version is either installed or not… I have never heard of a “partially” installed version. Please clarify. Thank you

Ok, if you are still having the issue even though you are on the latest release of the Zwift App, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling.

1 Like

did you de-select the radio button on the mission area of the screen where you choose your desired route or workout? It will be in the top left of the screen, or is that not there on the ipad?

Picture from my Android device:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply but this does not make sense. Either the fix in the last version or it is NOT. Uninstalling and Reinstalling the same IOS version is NOT going to change that. It sounds like the definition of insanity" … doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result .

No, sometimes that resolves the issue that is why I am suggesting it.

Ride On!

1 Like