Stuck with mountain bike & Zwift won’t let me switch

Hi Wes,

You posted your response on the forum here 4 days - now going into 5 days.

At £12.99 a month it’s not acceptable. When are Zwift going to get a grip on this bug and get it sorted? I had a ride today, lost my group ride as it took 5 attempts to reset on my iPad before the normal bike was back. It’s ridiculous when Zwift is supposed to be a great tool for training, like most folks here are.

Can you please let me know how I can sort this out?
I use my iPad when Zwifting.

Many thanks,

J

You need to update your zwift app @Jimmy_Badger Apple approved the update 18 hours ago, the bug was fixed 3 days ago, the longer wait for iOS users is due to Apple’s process. Win 10 and Android gets the updates right away.

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Thanks for jumping in to help here👌

I’ve gone back to App Store, checked updates ~ there are none. Searched for Zwift app, the only button I can press is the “open” one. This usually means it’s got the latest update. So I can’t change anything here manually (unless you are a wizz with these things and can tell me another way) so I’m thinking maybe uninstall and reinstall the Zwift app? Would I lose all my data though…

Cheers

Thank you Eric.

Well I’m not an iOS user so I won’t be much more help. Scroll up and read some of @dot_gitignore posts here in this thread, he seems to have figured it out.

1 Like

I have Zwift on an iOS device and the patch is available (version 1.0.46903). Make sure you pull down on screen to refresh it to see available updates.

You can uninstall and reinstall if you like, all your XP, Drops, equipment and such are stored on Zwift servers.

Hi Jimmy, as others in this thread have noted, the update for iOS was released to customers (by Apple) around 18 hours ago. Sadly we (Zwift) have no control over the speed in which Apple approves app updates in their store.

If you’re having trouble downloading the update on your iPad, please feel free to reach out to support to file a ticket at https://support.zwift.com. They will have better tools to try and debug your specific situation than I do in the forums here.

As for your data, your Zwift profile data is stored on our servers so uninstalling the app and re-installing will not lose any of your progress. There are a few minor things that are specific to each Zwift client you use (for instance if you iOS sometimes, and a PC others). These items are not progress metrics (miles, elevation, achievements, etc.), they are more specific to local client settings (music volume, chat language filter, etc.).

I uninstall and reinstall constantly and nothing of value is ever lost for my account. :ride_on:

3 Likes

That’s great thanks for all the help.

Good to know I won’t lose data too👌

All running now ~ I appreciate all your help

J

1 Like

Thanks Wes, everyone’s been great and I’m back up and running👌

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, all working again now thanks to your input. Good to know I won’t lose data in/installing the app👌

Take care,

J

1 Like

Sorted thank you!!!

1 Like

Yeah, and these are, to me at least, the sort of things that should be held against my core account.

If I turn off title music, I want it off wherever I’m Zwifting. I don’t want it off for my garage PC and on for my Android phone.

I’m not sure if this is related or not - however, since the auto select Scott bike was introduced, then fixed, every time I launch Zwift, on iOS, AppleTV, or PC, I’m on the Zwift Carbon.
I make the change to the bike I want, ride, exit Zwift, and when I relaunch Zwift, I’m back on the Zwift Carbon.

Zwift PC version 1.0.46903 puts me on the Zwift Carbon.
Zwift iOS version 3.11.0 puts me on the Zwift Carbon.
I have not checked the AppleTV today, but yesterday it still puts me on the Zwift Carbon.
I change to the bike I want, exit Zwift, and when I relaunch Zwift, I’m on the Zwift Carbon.

I updates my app in IOS. Still starting on the mtb. I was able to switch bikes but my ride today felt like I was riding the mtb, it was like the brake was on for the whole ride.

Does that mean you CAN reproduce the issue on PC?

I don’t use the PC to actually Zwift - it’s more to check levels, and achievements. AppleTV is my main Zwift platform.

I’m on PC and I had this same issue many days now (I’m on Cervelo P5X & 858/Super 9). If I ride three hours outdoors my pedaling time is 2h 59min, when riding indoors my pedaling time is 100%. I don’t want to stop pedaling to hassle with bike change so I do it like Dan does - start Zwift, change bike, exit Zwift, restart Zwift and then ride. Very frustrating that it doesn’t work now.

I don’t understand this, why not start riding after you switched bikes? Start zwift, change bike ride.
Can it be that because you don’t save the bike swap “ride” that Zwift don’t remember your last bike.

1 Like

You are wrong, Zwift used to save the bike selection, otherwise people wouldn’t do that, right? Right now my bike selection is not saved even if I save my ride, I tested that. I start my ride different way than you do. I get everything the way I want, pedal softly while bike computer, Zwift et al. start and then start my ride when I’m ready. I don’t and I’m not going to start my Zwift ride from complete standstill.