Stuck with mountain bike & Zwift won’t let me switch

Yes - same here. It is happening every time I start a new ride in Zwift. Must be a bug/problem after the latest update by Zwift. I am able to change the MTB while in game by coming to a full stop, then going into the garage/frames, but I have tested it a few times now and it’s defaulting me to the MTB every time. I have not signed up for anything including this Epic cape mission. Zwift will have to fix this bug issue.

6 Likes

@MRBaldi_T-ZHR @Lisa_ulrich_Coeur If you do sign up for the mission you’ll see the option to unselect the automatic bike swap.

If you don’t want to join the mission and can do so, editing prefs.xml is the only way to work around it as far as I know.

On a PC it’ll be in something like C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Zwift and you can edit it with any text editor. (Take a backup copy first, just in case.)

1 Like

Hi everyone,

The team is aware of this bug and are working hard on a fix. :ride_on:

15 Likes

This almost bit me this morning. I joined an early morning race with very little time to warm up. I only noticed i was on a mountain bike maybe 2 minutes before the start of the race went off… I was able to get into my garage and switch out in time though.

Similar to others i did not sign up for the challenge.

I didn’t join the Cape Epic mission. I don’t want to join the Cape Epic mission, yet every time I start riding, my bike is changed to a mountain bike. This is getting really annoying. I just want to get on Zwift and ride using my usual bike. I don’t want to spend several minutes putting every back the way I like it.

4 Likes

Same here, would love to see this fixed quickly otherwise I’ll be off Zwift for a while

3 Likes

If you sign up for the mission you will get a radio button that you can un-select and you will spawn in game on your normal bike.

4 Likes

They (Zwift) acknowledged on a different thread that this is a bug and will be fixed as quickly as possible.

4 Likes

Hi everyone! An Emergency Patch just went live on Mac, Windows and Android to fix this MTB issue. We are still waiting on Apple to allow the Apple TV and iOS patches through, so there’s a short wait time on those still!

Thank you for your patience while we got this issue fixed!

4 Likes

Ditto…still an issue with ATV as of late March 2. I hope this gets fixed soon… can’t race with group with mtn bike

worked fine on windows this morning after the latest update

will try android after work

Gerrie, I don’t sign up for stuff and I restarted 4 times yesterday and each time I had to get off the MTB for my ride.
JWR

Just tried to ride after update and it didn’t work for me on windows. I had to press radio button in box to unselect mtb. I did the quick fix last night, opt into mission then uncheck box for mtb. Apparently update rechecked the box for me. This is crazy.

Still got the issue on ATV.

I haven’t signed up for the challenge so maybe there is a difference if you have

I have to wonder how diligently Zwift tests new code before releasing it. This bug is not exactly subtle or difficult to spot.

5 Likes

You may be right. I would have thought Zwift would have considered that as well in the update. Especially since I didn’t want to sign up in the first place. I will be surprised if I am the only one. Oh well, it should go away at the end of the mission at the end of the month.

I did a race on Road to Sky yesterday. I was stuck on a Mountain Bike I didn’t choose, but it was a race so I didn’t want to waste time switching to my road bike. 1:12 up Alp de Zwift on a mountain bike. Do I unlock a special kit for that?

4 Likes

Hey Zwift: this is SUPER annoying. I feel like I got sucked into some marketing vortex where Scott paid zwift some money and now we’re all forced to ride their mountain bikes against our will. Or we have to spend the time and energy to go back and switch, and the next time we ride we’re back on a Scott mountain bike so we have to do it all over again. It’s totally obnoxious and tells me you’re not putting zwift usability for your subscribers as your top priority. Instead, you’re putting your marketing department and the companies they sell to (Scott, in this case) first. This a great way to alienate a loyal user base.

5 Likes

I am just happy to have found this forum and see that I am not alone with the is MTB switch… rode this morning on it and discovered the switch. I don’t even have a mtb in my garage🤣

I just did the recommended “deselect” the option at the choose worlds screen and then once world loads go to your garage and change back to your regular bike. It works!:sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes