Straight from the Zwifters mouth! Need the opinion of the zwift community. Is it safe to buy Kickr Climb yet?

I am going to be upgrading my zwift experience here for the fall season (East coast usa) and I am pretty much set on the kickr core @ this point from both a pricing and function perspective. However what is holding me back at the moment from perhaps getting the$1,000.00 model from Cyclops is the Kickr Climb.

Is this product safe to purchase yet? I saw that the initial launch was very hit or miss, to the point the CEO of wahoo had to address the products malfunctions. For any of you who purchased a Kickr climb and had to replace it, or just returned it and never went back to it, to newer owners of it what is your perspective?

I

I’ve had my Kickr Climb for nearly a year- ordered it as soon as I got the early access email- and I haven’t had a single problem. It just works.

Setup was pretty straightforward and Wahoo includes a lot of adapters in the box for different hubs. Pairing with the Kickr was quick and easy.

I can’t imagine riding without it. I still smile every time I ride over the rope bridge in the jungle ruins. Is it a necessity? No. But it’s a lot of fun and I feel makes indoor training just a bit more realistic.

1 Like

I think the issue you referred to was with the kickr trainer, not the climb.

My climb broke after 4 month and ~4000km on zwift.
But wahoo replaced the climb in a week without any stress for me.

1 Like

I’ve gone through four Kickr18 trainers, have the latest serial number model now and so far so good. I really hope Wahoo have the issue resolved. I’m nervous as the second until lasted around three months, the third less than a week but the reseller and Wahoo support have been great. Swapped them out, no questions asked. It’s been a painful journey but I stuck with it as I really wanted the Climb. Have been using it for around two months now, it just works… no problems at all.