Staying in the course - help needed!

(Jacek Foltyn [RnR CX TEAM]) #1

Team, I am having a problem on staying in the course to have full lap time. Somehow in the middle of the course I am getting off and my loop time is cancelled. Since I am training on rollers it is hard to control from the laptop or on companion lap. Different courses are chosen but problem exist.

Any advice?

Thnx!

Jacek

(Daren Chandisingh 🌱 [VISION]) #2

Which loop is it you’re trying to set a time on?

ZwiftInsider has a set of route maps for all the courses. You should be able to find one that covers the lap you’re interested in. Just select that route when you log in to the game:

The Hilly Route is the original Watopia forward lap I think:

(Jacek Foltyn [RnR CX TEAM]) #3

Hi Daren, maybe I was not clear the first time and sorry for the language barrier :wink: The problem is when I am choosing any course from the list let’s say Zwift Watopia, I am not able to complete full loop course from start to finish line…always in the middle of course it directs me to a different route and loop time is cancelled.

Thnx for the support!

Jacek

(Daren Chandisingh 🌱 [VISION]) #4

If you select “Hilly Route” when you start the game (when it’s Watopia), that should be the full original lap.

https://zwift.com/news/4829-zwift-how-to-changing-your-route

(Jacek Foltyn [RnR CX TEAM]) #5

I will give a try tomorrow. Thnx! J

(Jacek Foltyn [RnR CX TEAM]) #6

Hi Daren,

Watopia was not available today and I have chosen the longest ride London Loop and I have the same issue…any idea? Thnx! J

(Daren Chandisingh 🌱 [VISION]) #7

It’s the same answer. If there’s a specific in-game route you’re trying to follow that’s timed as a lap by Zwift, it should be available from the route selection screen when you start the game.

In London’s case, Zwift says:

London Loop

This is the route that corresponds with the Overall segment/leaderboard.

https://support.zwift.com/en_us/zwift-courses-and-routes-(cycling)-HkLGRkrQ

So it sounds like you’ve done the right thing. If you’re getting thrown off the prescribed route, it might be down to network problems.

(Gerrie Delport TeamZF) #8

Hi @Jacek_Foltyn_RnR: I think this apply to your question. No all routes have a count down timer at the top (see below). So sometimes your loop will go along a rout that has a timer and the timer will show, bur when your chosen route turn the timer will disappear