Stages SB20 Bluetooth and Win10 chrases after "BT fix"

Hi

After last weeks update, from which I understand included a “BT fix”, my Zwift on Win10 is having massive issues connecting to my Stages SB20 over BT.
If I manage to connect the power and cadence it hardly never sees the “controllable” , any click on unpair causes the app to freeze.

I’ve never had any problems before this update, and it seems to be a SB20/Zwift issue. Zwift still works perfect with BT on my Tacx Neobike and the Stages has no issues with BT to other software.

I’m using Ant+ at the moment to be able to use my Stages on Zwift, but would prefer to use BT since the reported power seems to lag slightly over ant+

I don’t expect Zwift any response from Zwift :roll_eyes:, of course I could be happily surprised…, but it would be a great help to hear if other SB20 users running win10 is experiencing something similar ? - and maybe even a workaround :crossed_fingers:

Reinstall and all the usual stuff has been tried :slightly_smiling_face:

BooX

Hi @BooX , till this month I was using my Stages/Zwift with an android tablet: galaxy tab s7+, and I never had an issue with BT, it was fine, but the display was a bit too small.
Now, I’ve just bought a new PC, did some DIY work and install a 27" display using the Stages tab holder . Everything’s awesome but BT connectivity, as I started to have connection dropouts. I’ve managed to solve it with an ANT+ stick. The thing is, I cannot tell you whether this is a new problem or not as I was not using a PC before, sorry.

1 Like

Thank for the feedback @Jorge_LC :pray:

I’m also running the SB20 on Ant+ now, which is very stable, but the power data transferred to my PC seems to be slightly delayed compared to when I was connecting via BT,

BooX

1 Like

Hi again, I haven’t noticed that, but I will compare it this evening with stageslink app power and I’ll report back. Great to have other Stages owners to talk to. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I’ve just made a ‘build me up’ training session (week 10): I’ve seen very little delay between stageslink app data (via BT) and zwift (via ant+)., however, I’ve always seen a similar small delay between these 2 apps, even when connecting both via BT. In any case, maybe you are right and it is a bigger delay but I really can’t notice it so, it doesn’t bother me, actually I always have both programs set at 3s so I’m never looking at instant data.
Anyway, I will also prefer to connect via BT without dropouts, as I did with my tablet, and don’t have to use ANT+, I prefer to keep it simple if possible.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for this awesome feedback :pray:

It sounds like that the lag on my Ant+ setup is slightly higher than yours, but our BT reference seems to be similar
I’m using some random Ant+ stick i purchased long time ago, and have been planning to upgrade to test if there’s any differences - but the preferred Tacx Ant+ stick seems to be on back order for a long time ( like all indoor cycling stuff atm… ) :thinking:

And I would still prefer if Zwift/Stages could make things work together ( they could even implement that gear display at the same time :wink: )
Bluetooth works flawless with my Neobike, so there´s apparently some combinations that works and other that don’t :thinking:

BooX

I guess your Neobike is more or less at same place of your Stages one, that is why I don’t get the ‘interference’ proposed reason. My stages bike is exactly at the same spot and, BT was working fine from my tablet, but not my PC. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have just a new sb20 and almost the same problem, windows 10 on my laptop.
Bluetooth - power, cadance etc is available but no controllable.

With an ANT+ dongel everything is available, but the erg mode doesn’t work.

No problems in the past with my kickr

How did you solve this?