Speed too high (Vortex Smart Trainer)

I haven’t been on a bike for a long time and I wouldn’t consider myself as a beginner. I have a Tacx Vortex Smart-Trainer. The trainer was calibrated correctly using the Tacx Utility. On my first ride through London today (27.04.2020) I have an average speed of 30.1 km/h and a maximum speed of 79.1 km/h. My average power was 237 watts, my maximum power was 416 watts. How on earth can I be so fast?

I’m using the Zwift App.

Zwift takes the exact power/watts broadcast by your trainer, the weight and height entered, in-game bike frame used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes to determine your speed.

Activating a Power Up such as the Truck (draft boost), Feather (weight reduction), or Helmet (aero boost) can further alter your in-game speed for a short duration.

Are you thinking your watts are too high?

Another thing, there are no Stop signs, cars, wind, and you don’t need to slow down for curves within Zwift.

Not sure about the watts. The ride in London was my first ride on Zwift. I didn’t use any features of Zwift so far, I didn’t change anything that I know of. Just the speed seems way to high - 79.1 km/h max / 30.1 km/h average. I read other discussions in the forum and there is the problem that the speed was shown too low.

When you calibrated was the tire warmed up for 10 minutes prior to the spindown test? Was it pumped to the correct psi? Both of these factors will alter the watts the Vortex reports to Zwift.

30km/h is not that fast on Zwift.

When you were doing 79+km/h you were going down a virtual hill and that is why your in-game speed was that high.

Yes, it was down a virtual hill. In real life I would never ever reach 79 km/h, even an average of 30 km/h seems way to fast for me. Like I said, I haven’t used a racing bike in ages and I’m not a regular biker, but rather an average runner.

Yes, I calibrated my trainer after 15 min warm up.

Again, there is no wind, no stop signs, no cars and you don’t need to slow down for anything (no breaks), you are not going to crash within Zwift.

What type of equipment do you use in real life?

I experienced something similar tonight when I managed to get into the game, with silly speeds and badge being awarded which weren’t true