Speed sensor issue 0kph

Hi to everyone, this is my first post here and i’m new to Zwift! I’m trying to use it on free rollers (elite arion) along side my Garmin Speed and Cadence sensors on my bike, but for some reason it says that i’m riding at 1-2 kph when in reality i’m like at 20 kph. They are connected via Ant+ with my phone (Galaxy Z Flip), when i use those two sensor with my sportwatch (Garmin Fenix 6 Pro) the data of the speed and cadence sensors are fine. I already tried to use the bluetooth connection but it says 0 kph or it just won’t show anything. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Hi @Federico_Gualdi, welcome to Zwift! Let’s see if we can get you going. Can you tell us if you are using one of the supported rollers that are listed here:
https://support.zwift.com/en_us/rollers-SyrX6XlB

1 Like

Hi Mike,

thanks for the answer! My rollers aren’t smart so they are not on the list (the model name is Elite Arion). I’m using the speed and cadence sensors from Garmin (the newest version) with both Bluetooth and Ant+ connection.

I’m not too familiar with rollers, but it says on the support page that you need a power meter to use them if they are not “smart”.

2 Likes

With a power meter you’ll have the exact amount of watts but you should be fine with speed and cadence only… I mean why if i’m riding at 20kph it shows on zwift that i’m riding at 1kph?

For Zwift to take the speed of your wheel and convert it to watts it needs a power curve for the trainer or rollers in your case. If Zwift doesn’t have a power curve for the rollers it will not be able to calculate your estimated watts. I’m assuming they don’t have any power curves for rollers if they suggest you NEED a power meter.

When you pair the speed sensor are you given a choice of what trainer/rollers to use? What are you choosing? Can you also post a screen shot of this process?

1 Like

Hi Mike,

i will get a power sensor when my new bike arrives :slight_smile: by the way, when i select the speed sensor it asks me what kind of rollers i’m using and i select the last one wich is “unlisted rollers” wich is made for “old school” rollers that can not interact with any kind of software. It asks me also to choose the size of my wheel and i choose 700x32 wich is the closest to what i have right now (700x35).

Copying @Paul_Allen’s response: Zwift takes the wheel speed broadcast by your speed sensor and the power curve of the trainer you select on the Pairing Screen and converts that to virtual watts. With those watts, the weight entered, height entered, in-game bike used, in-game drafting (Tri and TT bikes get no drafting boost), in-game wheel set, in-game road surface, and in-game virtual elevation changes your in-game speed is determined.

Were you on a hill when you were going so slow, or is it the entire time even if the road is flat?

1 Like

I’ll try later to tweak some settings and i’ll try to ride in a flat surface, thanks :slight_smile:

Hey Mike!

I tried different things but i think that the issues comes from Android and how it manages data on the Speed sensor (cadence is ok) via both Bluetooth and Ant+. I tried riding with zwift connecting both sensors via bluetooth on my iPad Pro (so iOS device) and all the data looks right. So weird

1 Like