Speed and Wats very Low

Might Be an Old topic. I have a giant cycletron mag trainer with an speed an cadence sensor. When pairing Zwift indicates that i should use setting 4. my speed is like very low 3km per hour so the watss like 100 or 110. it feels way much more. Please advise if there was an answer or solution already

First time zwiffter

Kind Regards

Iā€™m in the same situation Kevin, just today I complained to a friend about low power and speed on my Elite Aleno trainer using BTE
Iā€™ve found that pumping the tyres to 3,5bar (and above) helps slightly and shifting my weight forward or backward in the saddle will change the power output but only by about 5watts.
On a ā€œreal bikeā€ I can cruise at 120-150w easily but on Zwift I struggle to maintain that. My max power on a Stages gym bike is 638w but on Zwift 250(ish).
It would be great if someone from Zwift has an easy fix?
Or is it just a ā€œKevinā€ thing :0)

Kev ā€œJoe Slowā€ Judd

1 Like

Kevā€¦ we stil donā€™t have any solution here . that is sad.

Hi Kev, Yep no fix
Although from time to time it annoys me Iā€™ve got used to (almost) ignoring it and stick to working with HR which to be honest is more relevant
If I want to checkout my Wattages I go to the gym and jump on the ā€œStagesā€ bike there. Itā€™s all uploaded to Training Peaks and I just accept that 600w on Stages equals about 300w on Zwift
Itā€™s disheartening sometimes but Iā€™ll survive :expressionless:
Hopefully one of those nice people at Zwift will see this post and come up with a brilliant fix for us
Hope this helps
Kev

Thanks Kev, for some kind of inspiring words, i also hope that the nice people somehow wil see this and provide a solution.

Thanks a million

Hi. New to all this. I have bought an Elite Aleno smart trainer. I have both bluetooth and Ant+ and going from what Iā€™ve read, ant+ seems to be the way forward. Does this mean i switch bluetooth OFF on my Laptop (windows 10) and just have Ant+ showing? I have it set up and can ride in Zwift and use zwift companion. However, i get going and i can be pedalling like a madman but just not going very fast and other times can get up to 40/50 miles an hour (but thatā€™s giving ll my effort) other times, itā€™s not clear if iā€™m on a hill or not, donā€™t think i am though and people are bombing past me and Iā€™m hardly moving, like 3 or 4 miles per hour yet Iā€™m pedalling like crazy. I have my resistence thingy on and thatā€™s ok, but do i need to do anything else? For example, do i just use the resistence to have an easier/harder pedal resistence or do i also change gear on the bike as If iā€™m on the road?

I am still in my free trial period but really want to make this work before committing to a monthly sub. Apologies if this is in the wrong place but it seemed as good a place as any as i read some Elite trainers have issues. Can anyone tell me what i can do to get the best experience or is it a Zwift or trainer issue? As i say, the trainer is set up and is recognised etc but the experience in Zwift is not great and kind of feel deflated when i know if i was pedalling this fast in this gear on a real road, Iā€™d be bombing along!

Thanks in advance. Ride on!

Iā€™m not sure that is supported by Zwift, I donā€™t see it listedā€¦
https://support.zwift.com/en_us/pairing-elite-trainers-HJoxNNZer

Call Zwift support and ask.

Are you connecting the trainer as a power source and using the FE-C choice?

Have you checked for a firmware upgrade for the trainer using the Elite app on your phone?

Here is something I found on it:

Aleno uses the same resistance unit of Qubo Power Mag Smart B+ (not the Force)

From here: Connecting Aleno Smart - Official Forum

Hi. Apologies if i donā€™t understand some of the jargon used.

Basically my set up is this. Bike to trainer with Bluetooth on as well as Ant+. I have zwift companion on my phone and i use windows 10. When i first set up, i pedal and the software, zwift desktop recognises my trainer and i choose it and then by all accounts Iā€™m ready to ride.

I start riding and all what i said before happens, slow speed etc. I just doneā€™t what bluetooth i need on and where, do i need it on on my phone as well as laptop, or neither, or just one. Itā€™s all very confusing. I donā€™t have any other devices, heart rate etc, just the ant+, my trainer and my bike. Sorry i canā€™t be more clear. I have checked for all updates and everything is ok there.

Thanks,

Have you calibrated the trainer using the Elite app?

Err, not sure. I assumed the app and the desktop software would all sync with the trainer. I can look at that now and see if i can work it out. Thanks. I just want to ride as it looks like fun! :slight_smile:

If you use ant+ you donā€™t need the phone. Can you take a picture of your pairing screen, what options do you see when you click search under power source?

1 Like

Hi. I got it all liked up with my Elite desktop (which i get free for a year) and that seems ā€˜okā€™ but tomorrow eve i will set up zwift again and take photos etc and post. Many thanks.

I have an Elite Aleno and I have to admit I have been questioning my power output.

Some of my friends who are similar to myself in their fitness are achieving much higher W than myself and able to sustain it. Itā€™s not a recognised trainer on Zwift, but it configures itself automatically and is ready to go and from that point of view seems to be fine.

I have my resistance on 4 out of 8 and I believe a lot of trainers power curve are configures around 3 or 4.

Thereā€™s no ā€œfirmwareā€ update for the Aleno, which I have checked.
Itā€™s so difficult to know whether I am doing better than my W is suggesting or simply not has fit or strong as my friends!