Silly things that annoy you about Zwift (Keep it light and Fun)

The automatic camera cycling when you join an event and you’re waiting in the pen. I wish there was a way to set it to my prefered camera and that I didn’t have to change the camera every single time I join an event which is even more annoying on iPad as you have to cycle all the way through to camera 1 and for some reason Zwift is really bad at registering changes to the camera view on iPad.

2 Likes

So there’s a cable car to the top of the Epic KOM. Fuego Flats has a railway station. I’ve even seen the trains in France, running part way up Zen top. So why do I have to cycle every where?!

1 Like

The routing around the roundabout in London - my avatar seems to have no concept of the Highway Code!

3 Likes

More dinosaurs…just sayin’.

1 Like

Sh*t, my avatar has absolutely no concept of cornering line, drafting or riding in a pack! I can’t imagine how he views the Highway Code…

1 Like

Dark gray skies and pouring rain in Watopia, but then the moment you enter an aquarium tunnel it’s bright and gleaming, as though there must be bright sun shining above the water surface.

1 Like

Can they make the buttons on the phone app smaller and move them closer together?

4 Likes

And make them even more ineffective? Like the “Ride On” looking button that says “ride on” to whoever is listening to Zwift. Does anybody listen to the Zwift audio feed? I don’t even know what it sounds like…

The “Wave” button? Did you know it doesn’t work on TT bikes? Does anybody see me waving? I think I’ve had someone wave to me. Once.

What’s the elbow button supposed to signify? “Dude, it’s your turn to take a pull…” Not very useful in my experience since I’ve never had a problem with anybody passing me in Zwift.

2 Likes

A lot of those buttons have been there since the app launched and I think were meant to be a bit fun and just to fill space until something better came along but nothing ever replaced them.

The biggest annoyance for me is the lack of any gradient info on the app. the gradient map is impossible to read in game (and broken in London!) and could be easily solved by having it’s own page in the companion app.

Sorry that was maybe a bit serious for this thread!

2 Likes

Folks, remember the thread title. You’re starting to turn it into just another moaners thread. Some of us are busy trying to steer onto the running paths.

1 Like

you might want to check who started this! I’m relatively aware of the title and threads intent! haha

3 Likes

All the more reason to keep you from the dark side. Stay in the light, keep it light. Focus on the lack of pedalos in a virtual world with good beach fronts and people who like to pedal. I’d spend a million drops for a floating plastic swan.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Zwift killed rowing last year so no swan boats for you.

2 Likes

Every time I boot Zwift on my laptop, I have to “maximize” the window. Zwift never “remembers” and always boots in a partial window.

4 Likes

When I use my $2000,- laptop as a stand for my iPad because someone at ZHQ messed up the Win10 login… :thinking::grin:

( Can’t wait for the Zwift bike to be released, we are going to see a lot of people being electrocuted if it’s the same devteam ) :wink::laughing:

BooX

3 Likes

The weird, horribly distorted avatar face that suddenly pops up, looking right at you, when a rider passes you by riding “through” the space where your avatar was occupying. (Does that make sense?)

I don’t know if this is a quirk unique to my AppleTV setup. But its more than a little creepy to have this “Chucky”-like face suddenly leering at you. As I said, maybe it only happens to me because I get passed a lot.

1 Like

Not just Apple TV, this only happens with 1st person view, camera view 3 IIRC. There are many comments about the creepy factor of this phenomenon.

Thanks for that, Mike. Good to know that I’m not the only one to have experienced this.

I’d guess I would classify this as one of those “I’d be glad if it were gone” but also “not a dealbreaker if it sticks around” issues with Zwift. I’m quite sure there are all sorts of good computer game coding reasons that it happens. I’m not going to waste much of my time trying to understand why.

I saw a very illuminating YouTube video about the amount of work that goes into turn the DFX files of the Alpe d’Huez into a a Zwift ride. Long story short: it’s not the same as sending a Google StreetView car up there and recording the GPS and video feed. Not by like a million times.

Zwift forgets my login credentials often enough that I have managed to fully memorize my entire 20-character computer-generated alphabet soup of a password.

6 Likes

Isn’t it possible to set the app properties to always ‘run maximized’?