Setup guidance

Looking for setup guidance to get zwift on big screen TV or PC monitor. Here’s what I’ve got:

Kinetic road machine smart control trainer with the inride 2 sensor (not the latest inride 3 sensor).

Google pixel gen 1 Android phone. Research says USB-C to HDMI will not work for getting on to big screen TV… is that correct? Huge bummer if so.

A PC laptop from 2009 or so with Windows 7 home. I doubt this will be useful for zwift but not sure.

Considering buying a 43" 1080p tv for $150 to use soley for zwift. It’s not a “smart TV.”

So, can I zwift on big screen with these items? Do I need an Ant dongle? If I need to buy something new, what do you recommend? Thanks for any guidance!

John

Hi Johnny!

Most of your set up sounds good. I’m not super familiar with the Pixel devices, but were you told why the USB-C to HDMI wouldn’t work? While mirroring the phone to a TV in anyway may introduce graphic issues, we do recommend using an adapter/corded method over wireless casting to ensure the best screen mirror possible.

As for the PC, if it was a cheaper PC when released in 2009, it is likely underspec, but it’s always worth checking, so here’s a link to our minimum specs page. A basic over view of it is as follows for windows.

RAM: 4GB
CPU: Core 2 Duo
GPU: Intel HD 4000, Radeon R5, or a dedicated (also called discrete) GPU with 1GB of dedicated RAM
HDD/SDD: 4GB of available Storage Space.

I hope this info helps!

Hi i use Samsung S6 Tablet and S10 phone all connect via C usb and HDMI to my 60 inch tv with no issues gobbles the battery bit quicker but great picture quality

It’s because Pixel phones don’t support VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode, so they can’t do video output via the USB-C port.

@Johnny_Ballgame Chromecast should work, I believe.

https://michaelaaronsonmd.blogspot.com/2019/04/using-zwift-for-android-you-can.html

Thanks all. I was really surprised to learn that about Pixel phones (no capability for corded display to TV).
I’ve been thinking about purchasing a newer PC laptop anyway, for reasons beyond just Zwift. So, would PC to big screen TV (via HDMI cable) be a good solution, given my current trainer? Thanks again.

I use this type of setup and it works great from my laptop. The trainer you use doesn’t really factor into the display options.