Setting your avatar's riding style

Every riders has its unique style. Some are virtually always standing up (Contador) and some will keep in the saddle no matter what (Jan Ullrich). The same goes for our fellow Zwift users.

I would be great if every user could influence their avatar’s riding style. For example, I like to climb standing up with a high cadence. But because of my cadence, my avatar always stays in the saddle in the current software (while I am standing up in real life). 

A solution would be that a user could set a range in which the rider will stand. Based on a gradient range (eg. 8%-15%) and/or a minimum wattage (eg. 350W +) in combination with a cadence below a certain (eg. 92) RPM.

Besides that it’s cool that your avatar behaves like you would in real life, it would also be easier to differentiate between the riders and make every rider unique.

Of course there are more possibilities if Zwift is going to implement this like setting if whether you have X- or O shaped legs and which handlebar position you prefer.

This will all add up to an even better Zwift Experience. 

A big thumbs up to the above idea and ALL WaYS OF PERSONALIZING rider avatars. I love the idea of earning ZwiftCoins and then using them to buy special headscarves, visible arm and leg tattoos, unique colored or branded shoes and bikes, etc. I would love to earn my way to personalising my avatar! #zwiftΔriding

Customising how the avatar looks and behaves is key, particularly in light of the growing user base and the possible decline in kit choice (particularly if TEAM KITS are not massively increased). It’s important for self-recognition and also for a bit of fruity diversity out there in the ether.

To Tim’s point, Garmin headunits can determine when the rider is standing up from the power phasing around the pedal stroke. I get a report at the end of every ride splitting standing from sitting… but is this ONLY available to those using Vector?

Anyway… headscarves … lets do it. Another option to get your avatar to glow very slightly to identify yourself in big packs which we are now getting, particularlywhen group rides force the same jersey on everyone.

Having more options to personalize your avatar would be great.  My ideas:

1. Expending the role of the 5 sec, 1 min, 5 min and 20 min Power figures. For each of the 4 Zwift could determine your performance level. The power output for 5 seconds determines your “Sprinter” level, for 1 minute your “Pursuiter” level, 5 minutes your “Puncher” level and 20 minutes your “Timetrialler” level. These could be coupeled with the standard A,B,C, D cats already used in events. Breaking your personal bests in one of these levels would earn you extra XP. Could also be coupled to specific trainings plans to improve on your weaknesses or build on your strengths

2. More hair type options (I have curly hair;)

3. Body type (slim, muscular, not-so-slim or not-so-muscular; etc).

The more you can identify with your avatar, the more immersive Zwift will get.

@ Michiel re 3, Zwift is getting my ‘not so slim’ build pretty on point.  Actually I should aspire to be as muscular and slim as my avatar.

re 1, it would also be nice to access these number at times other than just at ride completion.

@ Charlie "Another option to get your avatar to glow very slightly to identify yourself in big packs which we are now getting, particularlywhen group rides force the same jersey on everyone. - Brilliant!!

i use first person view so i never see my avatar anyway, not like i have a ghost version of myself out on the roads :wink: